Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please dealing with 7 yr old Fingerhut Charge off

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

Help please dealing with 7 yr old Fingerhut Charge off

TU and EQ have already removed any reference to this account but EXP is being difficult.

This was included in my BK7. I had even called FH 3x and the account was zero'd out and I had paid it.

They had sold it to another collection and no one can locate this collection agency.

This is infuriating and I don't know what to do at this point. I just want it off my EXP.

Any advice would be appreciated.

FH.png

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Help please dealing with 7 yr old Fingerhut Charge off

@tussking wrote:

TU and EQ have already removed any reference to this account but EXP is being difficult.

This was included in my BK7. I had even called FH 3x and the account was zero'd out and I had paid it. If it was IIB why did you pay it?

They had sold it to another collection and no one can locate this collection agency.

This is infuriating and I don't know what to do at this point. I just want it off my EXP.

Any advice would be appreciated.

FH.png

If it was included in BK. Then send a certified letter with a copy of the schedule (creditors) IIB, and a copy of your DC. Explaining that FH was IIB and this should be not be on your reports. Wait for their responce. If it doesnt go poof. Then file the same documents with the CFPB that EX is reporting inaccurate info on your reports. If that doesnt do it. Then ask your BK lawyer to get invovled. Question still stands. If it was IIB, why did you pay it?

Message 2 of 3
tussking
Established Contributor

Re: Help please dealing with 7 yr old Fingerhut Charge off

This was paid prior to BK7.

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.