Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help raise my FICO 20 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help raise my FICO 20 points

So I have great news.... after8 long months battling with a Collection Agency( IC Systems), I have prevailed and I'm back in the 700 club.  TU- 711, Eq-716, Ex-700.  Total utilization at 33%,(14k) plan to knock that down to 25% this month.  I am preparing for an Auto loan ASAP and would like my score above 720 as to not get **bleep** by the interest rate.   I thought about applying for a new card to transfer the 14k under one account.  Any and all sugestions welcomed.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help raise my FICO 20 points

Congratulations nice work.kudos.gif

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Collections battle, the struggle is real!

Pay that $4620 in debt down and you will see a bump... Not sure any other tips are needed.  Good luck

Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have great news.... after8 long months battling with a Collection Agency( IC Systems), I have prevailed and I'm back in the 700 club.  TU- 711, Eq-716, Ex-700.  Total utilization at 33%,(14k) plan to knock that down to 25% this month.  I am preparing for an Auto loan ASAP and would like my score above 720 as to not get **bleep** by the interest rate.   I thought about applying for a new card to transfer the 14k under one account.  Any and all sugestions welcomed.

Just pay it down. Why get another HP , a hit to your AAoA, New account, and so on. The next hits against you should be for the car. Try to get a pre-qual from a lender that will give you the check to take to the dealer and then pick what you want without 50 HP's to see the best kick back they can get. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second what FireMedic said.

& what I was going to say before I read the other replies was *AZEO! (All Zero Except One).. I dont know what your balances are spread out on, but you should try and get over half of your cards down to reporting $0 balance and the others down to around 9%. This will most likely raise your scores at least a little during the months they report this way. the effect only lasts as long as you continue having them report like this. Good luck Smiley Happy

Edited to add: if you only have 3 cards have 2 report $0 balance and 1 report at about 9% (or as low as possible anyway). if you have 5 cards you could do it with 2 cards having a balance. ALSO, if its too much to be able to get them that low, I have seen luck with moving the balance to less than half the cards but having it be over the 9% as well.. long as over half dont carry a balance. 

Message 5 of 8
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Getting your UTI below 30% will more than likely give you the bump you need. Pay down what you can to achieve that number, opening another account is not the answer.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I am wrong in this but those are your FICO scores correct?  Isn' there auto scores which might be different?  Also, I believe some places might use an internal number that might not be based on FICO.  Someone correct me if I am wrong, please.

Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The FICO Auto Score 8 is the most recent version and is used across all credit bureaus. Some dealerships or finance companies may use one of the older versions: FICO Auto Score 2, FICO Auto Score 5, or FICO Auto Score 4. So you are correct @VoltaicShock. MyFICO 1B or 3B will show the Auto Scores. Mine: (just as an example. Educational. All over the place)

auto.JPG

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.