Did you mean: 

Help re-building my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help re-building my credit

Hello Everyone, 

I am looking for any advice. 

Like most ppl, I was unemployed during the beginning of covid and had a hard time financially, which resulted in me being unable to pay my credit card, and eventually, all 3 cards, Discover, Capital One, and Deserve ended up closing. Since I got employed, I paid off all my accounts but my score hasn't really improved. I recently heard about Goodwill's removal of late payments, so I contacted all 3 institutions' CEO with a letter and I recently heard back from Discover denying my request. I have heard about the saturation method, but I need help finding the email address to send. 

I am looking for any advice on what should be my next step be. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Help re-building my credit

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone, 

I am looking for any advice. 

Like most ppl, I was unemployed during the beginning of covid and had a hard time financially, which resulted in me being unable to pay my credit card, and eventually, all 3 cards, Discover, Capital One, and Deserve ended up closing. Since I got employed, I paid off all my accounts but my score hasn't really improved. I recently heard about Goodwill's removal of late payments, so I contacted all 3 institutions' CEO with a letter and I recently heard back from Discover denying my request. I have heard about the saturation method, but I need help finding the email address to send. 

I am looking for any advice on what should be my next step be. 

Do you have any open credit accounts? 

Message 2 of 7
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous 

Good evening and welcome to the forum.  There are a lot of really smart people in here - and a lot of truly kind people.

I would suggest that the first thing that one should do - if you have not done it already (and forgive me if you stated that you have done this and my old brain just farted....hey, it happens more often than I would care to admit) - is to go to annualcreditreport.com and download all three of your credit reports (one from Equifax, one from Experian, and one from Transunion).

I would then go over each and ensure that everything there is accurate.  If you find anything that is incorrect please return back to this forum for guidance (if you so like).  Disputing things can - and often is - be a double-edged sword (especially Equifax).

Are there any collections accounts or charge offs?  Any late payments?

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for a new credit card from credit one. I currently using Extra, kikoff to boost my credit. I also do have discover student loans with exceptional payment history. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit card with Discover, Capital One, and Deserve were charged off due to late payment, but since then I have paid them completely before they.

Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If it was recent. The ding is fresh. Its great you paid the balances. Although the lates isnt the thing thats hurting the most. Its the CO status. And no one will delete that unfortunately. Just gotta keep rebuilding and let time do its thing. Sorry it happened. Welcome to the forums.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes unfortunately it's pretty recent. Thank you, it gives hope that it will be better with time. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.