Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help reading this please.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help reading this please.....

Can someone help me to understand this entry on my report??? I did a DV and it revealed this was a incident from my son who was pushed off a stage in school and fell down damaging several of his teeth. He was in a public school so there was alot of back and forth between the insurance and the school trying to determine who would be primary and who would be secondary. Honestly neither of them wanted to pay. I worked with the office manager on this for a while she was very helpful. The last I knew a claim was submitted and the medical insurance was going to pay, then dental and what was left if any would be sent to the school board. The dental office went out of business so I had no way of following up. Then this shows up. Any direction as to where I should go? I would hate to pay this and the company got paid by insurance. I no longer have this insurance and the school board states nothing was submitted to them for payment. They no longer have record because it was more than 5 years ago.

Collection account. $2,174 past due as of Jul 2014.

Date Opened: 
09/2010
Date of Status: 
01/2011
Reported Since: 
01/2011
Last Reported Date: 
07/2014

Type: 
Collection
Terms: 
1 Months 
Monthly Payment: 
$0
Responsibility: 
Individual 

Credit Limit: 
$1,449
High Balance: 
N/A 
Recent Balance: 
$2,174
Recent Payment: 
$0

Payment History: 
2014 JUL
C
JUN
C
MAY
C
APR
C
MAR
C
FEB
ND
JAN
C
DEC
C
NOV
C
OCT
C
SEP
C
AUG
C
JUL
C
JUN
C
MAY
C
APR
C
MAR
C
FEB
C
JAN
C
DEC
C
NOV
C
OCT
C
SEP
C
AUG
C
JUL
C
JUN
C
MAY
ND
APR
ND
MAR
C
FEB
ND
JAN
C
DEc
C
NOV
C
OCT
C
SEP
ND
AUG
C
JUL
ND
JUN
ND
MAY
C
APR
C
MAR
C
FEB
C
JAN
C

Account History:

Collection as of Mar 2014 to Jul 2014, Jun 2012 to Jan 2014, Mar 2012, Jan 2012, Oct 2011 to Dec 2011, Aug 2011, May 2011, Jan 2011 to Apr 2011
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Help reading this please.....

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone help me to understand this entry on my report??? I did a DV and it revealed this was a incident from my son who was pushed off a stage in school and fell down damaging several of his teeth. He was in a public school so there was alot of back and forth between the insurance and the school trying to determine who would be primary and who would be secondary. Honestly neither of them wanted to pay. I worked with the office manager on this for a while she was very helpful. The last I knew a claim was submitted and the medical insurance was going to pay, then dental and what was left if any would be sent to the school board. The dental office went out of business so I had no way of following up. Then this shows up. Any direction as to where I should go? I would hate to pay this and the company got paid by insurance. I no longer have this insurance and the school board states nothing was submitted to them for payment. They no longer have record because it was more than 5 years ago.

Collection account. $2,174 past due as of Jul 2014.

Date Opened: 
09/2010
Date of Status: 
01/2011
Reported Since: 
01/2011
Last Reported Date: 
07/2014

Type: 
Collection
Terms: 
1 Months 
Monthly Payment: 
$0
Responsibility: 
Individual 

Credit Limit: 
$1,449
High Balance: 
N/A 
Recent Balance: 
$2,174
Recent Payment: 
$0

Payment History: 
2014 JUL
C
JUN
C
MAY
C
APR
C
MAR
C
FEB
ND
JAN
C
DEC
C
NOV
C
OCT
C
SEP
C
AUG
C
JUL
C
JUN
C
MAY
C
APR
C
MAR
C
FEB
C
JAN
C
DEC
C
NOV
C
OCT
C
SEP
C
AUG
C
JUL
C
JUN
C
MAY
ND
APR
ND
MAR
C
FEB
ND
JAN
C
DEc
C
NOV
C
OCT
C
SEP
ND
AUG
C
JUL
ND
JUN
ND
MAY
C
APR
C
MAR
C
FEB
C
JAN
C

Account History:

Collection as of Mar 2014 to Jul 2014, Jun 2012 to Jan 2014, Mar 2012, Jan 2012, Oct 2011 to Dec 2011, Aug 2011, May 2011, Jan 2011 to Apr 2011

Wow, someone dropped the ball. Do you have any emails or paperwork from the school? I'd contact the school secretary and ask for information about what they submitted and any documents that they received. I'd submit all the paper work to the credit bureaus.  If you disputed it, and the doc's office is now out of business, it may come off, since there is no one there that can verify it, unless it went to a collection agency. Who knows what information they'd have, but I'd ask them to submit to you an itemized bill. I'd also contact your insurance to get information from them on what they paid out for the work.

Who is reporting this? The doc's office or someone else?

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its being reported by a CA. They sent a copy of a bill in response to the DV letter. I guess I need to dig in to try and get some type of info from the insurance comapny in order to dispute this with the CA? Im assuming the dental office sold off everything when the closed? IDK?

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A CA cannot report a payment history you have them on a violation file CFPB complaint with removal of the account as acceptable settlement.  Only an OC can report a payment history. If they dont own the debt they have no business even collecting on it there is no OC to pay if they did collect from you.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU!!!!! Thank you and thank you. Im on it!

Message 5 of 6
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

I had a similar issue last year with Portfolio Recovery.    I wrote them a detailed letter, including the following paragraphs:

Please be advised that Portfolio Recovery is in violation of both state and federal law by falsely representing the character, amount and legal status of this debt. This reporting is a deliberate attempt by your office to re-age this debt and impact my utilization, payment history and credit score.

In addition, according to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”) and under UCC Article 9, if the debt is in default and is purchased by a collection agency, the debt is considered a collection account and covered by the law regardless of whether the collection agency holds legal title to the debt or not

A debt collector reporting is required, under the CRA reporting manual (their referenced "Credit Reporting Resource Guide"), to separately provide, in field code 2 of the K-segment of their reporting, the name of the original creditor and establish that they are NOT the original creditor.

Hope that helps....

BTW - they removed all entries on all reports.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.