Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help rebuiliding Credit for mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help rebuiliding Credit for mortgage

We had owned a business that sucked the money out of our personal account and caused us to get behind on many bills.  Since closing the business, we have been 100% current.  The problem I am seeing is that my FICO 8 score is on the rise, but FICO 2, 4 and 5 are hardly budging.  We were able to acquire a subprime mortgage loan on a new house, but you can imaging the % rate is sky high.  We would like to refinance, but with the FICO 2, 4 and 5 not really budging, how do we bump those like the 8 is on the rise?  I got excited seeing the 8 going up so quickly, but frustrated all over again because the scores that I will need for a refinance are just laying low.  How much time does it take for those scores to increase so I can budget out this extra interest rate I am paying?  Hoping that all made sense.  When my mid score for FICO 8 is 620, but my 2, 4 and 5 average are 574, I feel helpless.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Help rebuiliding Credit for mortgage

What are the reasonings on those scores that say are preventing you from increases?!

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Help rebuiliding Credit for mortgage

What kind of negs happened when the business went south. Charge offs, lates, ect. Date this all happened. When did you get the present mortgage. Sounds like the past is haunting you. If the mortgage is less then a year old. Thats still considered new. Any new credit accounts in the past year? You almost have to be squeeky clean for the best loan. All past negs PIF, no new accounts in the past year and so on.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.