Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help regarding Chase charge-off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help regarding Chase charge-off

I understand what you guys are saying, but it hasn't been updated since November 2014. I'm pretty sure (though not 100%) my charge-off is barred from any collection activity by judicial action, hence why the date of last activity is about 2.5 years ago.

If Chase cannot collect on the debt, can I assume that calling them will not update the date of last activity (tbh, I don't actually know how much that affects a credit score)? I have not received any contact from Chase or any CA regarding the charge-off.

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand what you guys are saying, but it hasn't been updated since November 2014. I'm pretty sure (though not 100%) my charge-off is barred from any collection activity by judicial action, hence why the date of last activity is about 2.5 years ago.

If Chase cannot collect on the debt, can I assume that calling them will not update the date of last activity (tbh, I don't actually know how much that affects a credit score)? I have not received any contact from Chase or any CA regarding the charge-off.

Maybe they can't collect. I can't say as I am not familiar with that whatsoever. But they can continue to report and update if they feel like it. 

You started this thread regarding clearing up the issue with Chase and improving your credit, correct?

Forget about whether they can collect or not.

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The little reading I just did was 578,000 accounts that were sent to collections between 2009 and 2014 could be barred from them collecting. But I think you shouldn't assume you are all set and they can't collect.

Again, they can still report your delinquent debt.

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not that I'm trying to avoid payment. Obviously, that would be preferable to anyone, but that's not realistic.

I'm just trying to explore what I can possibly do to dminish or eliminate the impact of the charge-off from my credit report. It hasn't reported in 2.5 years and it's due to drop off in about 3 years based on the DOFD. This is acting as an albatross on an otherwise great credit report. I've had perfect payment records on my revolving credit since I opened up new credit cards about two years ago.

I understand what's been said in this topic, but I'm just afraid to do what needs to be done. I need to call Chase and tell them the bulk of what I've said here (obviously not everything) and hope they'll show some mercy.

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Donny,

I'm working on a dispute with Chase and Cap 1 as well, would you happen to have any advice on where to send GW disputes?  I am rebuilding my credit and have paid all bad debt (the two items I'm referencing here have been paid since 2015.  Capital One went to PRA (unfortunately)  They were miserable to deal with, but were paid in full.

Thanks in advance!   I'm feeling a little hopeless here!

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Donny,

I'm working on a dispute with Chase and Cap 1 as well, would you happen to have any advice on where to send GW disputes?  I am rebuilding my credit and have paid all bad debt (the two items I'm referencing here have been paid since 2015.  Capital One went to PRA (unfortunately)  They were miserable to deal with, but were paid in full.

Email the CEO of Capital One for GW (google Capital One CEO email address) you will find that one there. I would send a GW to Chase executive office, but dont have any contact information for Chase.

Good luck.

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Donny,

I sent you a PM.

Message 17 of 28
wa3more
Established Contributor

I have a 29 year relationship with Chase including 20 year mortgage with on time payments. I settled one account with chase and had another charge off i was trying to settle and do PFD on both. Sent many letters to everyone at Chase, including Executive Office, and was always denied. Why ? The said they had to maintain the integrity of the credit reporting.

Imagine Chase talking about integrity. Good luck with Chase.

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been reading the boards about Chase. I have read a lot of people tried GWing paid COs and they would not budge. Chase kept saying they are obligated to report accurately.
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been reading the boards about Chase. I have read a lot of people tried GWing paid COs and they would not budge. Chase kept saying they are obligated to report accurately.

Their statement is true. They are following proper CRA procedures. Just keep trying.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.