cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help w C/O Account

tag
Gill7O2

Help w C/O Account

I have a CO account reporting since 12/2016 with Merrick Bank.

I was contacted by North American Recovery for a settlement, however, when I asked about reporting to bureaus they said that I will need to speak with Merrick Bank.

My goal is to pay for deletion, however, before I contact Merrick Bank I was wondering:

1. Is getting the account mark as "Paid" worth it?

2. This account is bound to fall off 12/23. Does getting the account mark as "Paid" extend the length of time it stays on my credit report?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help w C/O Account

@Gill7O2 wrote:

I have a CO account reporting since 12/2016 with Merrick Bank.

I was contacted by North American Recovery for a settlement, however, when I asked about reporting to bureaus they said that I will need to speak with Merrick Bank.

My goal is to pay for deletion, however, before I contact Merrick Bank I was wondering:

1. Is getting the account mark as "Paid" worth it?

2. This account is bound to fall off 12/23. Does getting the account mark as "Paid" extend the length of time it stays on my credit report?

Paying it off removed the amount from your utilization and no it doesnt extend the time it remains on file. If its updating monthly its keeping your Fico score down so you want to settle it. Sounds like the CA isnt going to report anything but that could change if its not paid quickly, You are not going to get a PFD from Merrick no OC will do that. Could make a deal with the CA to pay in exhange for not reporting

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.