Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Equifax investigations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Equifax investigations

I have been successful having several negatives as well as inquiries removed from my credit report.

The problem is: I received my investigation results from equifax stating what was deleted and what was remaining. Deleted items include a couple bogus addresses, judgement, 2 collections and 9 inquiries.

Now I just received my newest report from equifax and the bogus addresses are back on there.

What is going on here? it is very frustrating and... considering the number of negatives removed, I am pretty confident that my score should have changed alittle. no alert for a score changes

any suggestions? should I call them, again... Anyone else having these problems?  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Help with Equifax investigations

Do you still have negatives on your CR?

If the bogus addresses are being returned, it could be fraud. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I do have some other negatives. As for the addresses, I received notification from equifax that the addresses had been removed. Now they are listed on my most recent report under previous addresses.

I don't know what to do here. Any suggestions.

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you still have other negatives, that could be why you did not see a score increase.  It may also have not updated yet.

As for the addresses, I would send them a letter stating these are not yours and have never been yours, to please remove them.

If they come back and say they can't because a creditor is reporting them, you need to find out who.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. I was told here that the score updates immediately after changes made.

I have one more score power that I can pull before being charged again. I am very curious to see if

my score has changed. I will be very disappointed if it hasn't. How long should I wait before pulling my new score? the suspense is killing me.

I will contact them monday regarding the addresses. Hopefully I can get that aspect of all of this resolved.

thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It has been my experience that when I got a collection deleted and still had other collections and/or CO, my score did not change.  I had a Cap One CO fall off and my score did not change.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.