cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with GW letter response

tag
alltexas

Help with GW letter response

Last week I sent a GW Letter to AAFES to delete 4  30 day baddies that are from sept 2001 to Dec 2002. I receive a letter today acknowledging receipt about my inquiry and if I filed my dispute within the 60 day timeline, they will research my complaint and contact me in 90 days with the results of the investigation. Should I wait to see what will come of this or do I have any options such as sending this letter to the CRAs to get them removed since they are planning on taking more than 30 days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by alltexas on 04-28-2008 09:41 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with GW letter response

They are making it tough on you. I would go forward with their process, but continue sending GWs to different addresses and send to specific contacts within the org.

Don't send anything to the CRAs. They might read it as a dispute and could delte you account in its entirety.

These lates are very likely not hurting you. The effects of a late lessen over time and I cannot believe that these lates are costing you more than a few points anyway (5 comes to mind).

Message 2 of 6
alltexas

thank you, this really bothers me because during the time I had issues they were kind enough to accept payment arrangements to get me back on track. I will wait it out.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent out a GW to target to delete a 30 day late account, this account was open and in good standing. The last late was two years ago, what did the CRA do they deleted the account.  Now I am going through hell trying to get that account backon my reports.

Michelle
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got real good results with my GW letters.  All three report s up 25 points
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got the same thing from AAFES and the final letter (sorry, no, we're not gonna GW your two lates from two years ago) came about three weeks later.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.