Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with HESAA NJ Class Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with HESAA NJ Class Loan

Just got back on track..wanted to call HESAA that I sent them a payment.  It has already gone in collections..they called it an "attorney"...the woman said I cannot send a pay for delete letter and it will never be removed from my credit report sooner than the 7 years.  The problem is my parents co-signed a while back and it is showing up on their report as well.  She firmly said they do not do PFD's and they are not a credit card company or any other type of company that would do something like that.  She basically said "deal with it".  Is this true?  Is there anyone I can reach out to there who would help me out?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with HESAA NJ Class Loan

Some creditors can be difficult to deal with and have a policy of not accepting PFDs.

I'm not familiar with HESAA. If I had that, I'd keep mailing (not calling) in PFDs assuming that HESAA was reporting the loan, and they were reporting or updating regularly. This would circumvent their in-house/outsourced collectors.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with HESAA NJ Class Loan

yes they report every month to one of the 3.  it is now in collections but i am looking to pay this off within the next month or so.  I just want this removed from my parents credit report once its paid

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.