Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Judgment Settlement Letter

tag
Wonderyears
New Contributor

Help with Judgment Settlement Letter

I reeeallly want to put this behind me. We reached a verbal agreement. They sent me a letter. It states...

Beginning Balance $10,257.47

This letter will confirm that [plaintiffs lawyer] on behalf of our client, Discover Bank, will accept $6500 payable to our office as a settlement on or before 12/31/2012. Please make your check payable to [plaintiffs lawyer] at the address listed above. Thank you very much for yor assistance with this matter. Please call me if you have any further questions.

PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE IN A TIMELY MANNER OR THE SETTLEMENT IS VOID

I was told here to include the provision that they do not include a special comment that is was settled for less. They have said multiple times they will not file a motion to vacate. I think in MO you only have a year for that anyway(this default judgment is from 2010)? Either way, I'm good. It shows on only one of my reports, and my LO said it would be fine as my scores they pulled are still good, 713,766,779, as long as it is paid and they receive a letter of satisfaction.

Anything else I should include?

Also, after I settle, am I responsible to notify the CRAs?  I really hope so, because TU is the only one that shows it, and I wat t to stay that way. My biggest fear is the other two CRAs get notice and start reporting a satisfied judgment.

Thanks again!

myFico TU-715 EQ-778 (01.14.2013) WalmartTU-664 (12.12.12))

LENDER PULL EQ-766 EX-779 TU-713 (12.20.2012)
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.