Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Letter to BoA

tag
fcarlson
New Visitor

Help with Letter to BoA

Hello, I just checked my scores and they are in the 700s. The only problem is a 90 day past due a year and a 8 months ago. The story is that I had a credit card that I cut up and thought was cancelled. However, it had an annual fee on it that got charged. The year before I paid it but changed addresses and never got the bill. On top of this I was getting ready to go to war and working 18 hour days. Once I figured all of this out it was 90 days or so late. The account is paid in full and this occurred about 2 years ago. It is the only problem with my credit that I can see, and I hope to be over 800 if I can clear this up. Does anyone know the address and phone number to the Bank of America guys so I can send them a good will letter. I have never had a late bill in 20 year of credit until this screw up. Thanks in Advance
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Help with Letter to BoA

Hey fcarlson.... Do you have a copy of a TU report?  Those always have the contact info.  Address & sometimes Ph #.  I'd CALL them for sure! Explain your situation & see if they will help you out & delete the derog.  They just might, since the only thing on that card was the annual fee.  It's an honest mistake & I'm sure you're not the first one to make it.

Use your military status to your benefit!  While we all hate the war, we LOVE our Soldiers! Smiley Wink
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
lovinmymoney
Established Member

I have a number and name of a someone I am working with although I am not sure if it will be the contact for GW letters.

Bank of America
PO Box 15646
Wilmington DE
19850-5646

Customer Satisfaction Department

(Jeri Blakney) 1 800 421 2110

I have had positive expereinces thus far as I work to delete my name from a joint account I had with previous husband - the account is now showing multiple 90 and 120's.

I wish you well!
Message 3 of 4
fcarlson
New Visitor

Thanks to both of you. Lets see how this goes...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.