cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Medical Collections

Help with Medical Collections

Can someone please advise me on what to do in regards to getting 3 medical collections off my CR.   All 3 are Merchants Credit Association totalling $1,785.00 and date back to 2013.   

Starting Score: EX 538, EQ 486, TU 518 July 2016
Current Score: EX 607, EQ 597, TU 610 Oct 2016
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Help with Medical Collections

Are they paid collections?  If not, do you have the money to pay?

Message 2 of 7

They unpaid. I don't not the full amount.
Starting Score: EX 538, EQ 486, TU 518 July 2016
Current Score: EX 607, EQ 597, TU 610 Oct 2016
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Check the laws for your state concerning medical billing, in my case, I was uninsured and in California they can not charge you outrageous medical bills when you make certain income and they all got taken off CR, also dispute, write goodwill letter to creditor or even contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as a last resort (I had to do this for another account) if you have a good excuse.

FICO 8 (EQ) 660 FICO 8 (TU) 705 FICO 8 (EX) 678 May 2017
Message 4 of 7
Established Contributor

masterqb wrote:

Can someone please advise me on what to do in regards to getting 3 medical collections off my CR.   All 3 are Merchants Credit Association totalling $1,785.00 and date back to 2013.   

Before doing anything google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
FICO 8 Scores Eq 821 Ex 820 TU 841, 182K Available CL, 1% Util

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Research (the forum) on Pay-to-delete and Goodwill letters. Those are great steps to get them either knocked down or off of your report, or both.

Message 6 of 7

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

I would first try and get the amount correct if you think there is a problem with it, welcome to the board Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 7 of 7