Did you mean: 

Help with PFD in SOL

tag
TrishN
Established Contributor

Help with PFD in SOL

Pinnacle credit services.(Verizon )

I never opend these services.100%

I called pinacle credit services.they told me amount is 377 they told me from Verizon wireless .

I called Verizon they told me account was opened in MN state. That time I live and work in CA state. I have prof income in CA state that time.

Now I live in SC state. That is 10 year SOL.so I just want to get them off my credit report. I sent them DV and PFD , that's 2 letter.

Did I opened the door for them to sue me? I have money to PIF.so if they sue me. What will I do? I never opened Verizon. Am I win when I have tax return in my hand.?

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help with PFD in SOL

Factual issues over whether or not a consumer actually owes a debt are, unfortunately, not resolvable under either the FCRA dispute or FDCPA DV processes.

Both of those processes permit the consumer to question legitimacy of debt, but they dont compel the creditor or debt collector to respond with proof to support their assertion.

They  require them to conduct a reasonable investigation of their records, and based on that investigation, provide a statment that they verify the accuracy.  They dont have to prove it, but they must truthfully base any verification on a reasonable interpretation of their factual basis.

To pursue the issue once they verify from their records requires getting the issue before a party with authority to compel both sides to present their facts.  That party is the court.  You can always file civil action to contest their finding, or use your evidence as a defense should they initiate legal action.  Only a judge can rule on the sufficiency of your tax return, residency at the time the asserted debt was incurred, etc.,  as proof that you did not authorize the asserted debt.

No, requesting they investigate their assertion of debt did not open the door for legal action.  That door is always open to them, as is the door for the consumer to invoke an expiration of SOL defense against any such action on their part.

The FDCPA specfically gives a debt collector the option of bringing any legal action in either the state where the contract was executed or in the state of current residency of the consumer.  If you now live in a state where SOL has not tolled, then they can bring legal action there.

Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If the account is not yours, and you have never opened that account with them then you need to go to your local law enforcement and file a police report.  Send that in and request for deletion.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
TrishN
Established Contributor

Ok thank you

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.