Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Rebuilding Credit

tag
RedHeadGirlLA
New Contributor

Help with Rebuilding Credit

I have been trying to rebuild my credit but nothing is changing. I know that my debt keeps getting sold off and re-reported. Is this legal? There are companies I have never heard from or done business with reporting late payments. Most of this debt is to hold to collect on. What do I do?

Does anyone know a book or an agency that can give me guidance and or assistant in trying to navigate the world of credit reports. This is an up hill battle that I am not winning.

Please Advice?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Rebuilding Credit

If you can list the "bad" accounts, we can try to help you.

You need to know dates, such as DOFD, DOLA, and SOL. You can find your state's SOL here -

RedHeadGirlLA wrote:
I have been trying to rebuild my credit but nothing is changing. I know that my debt keeps getting sold off and re-reported. Is this legal? There are companies I have never heard from or done business with reporting late payments. Most of this debt is to hold to collect on. What do I do?

Does anyone know a book or an agency that can give me guidance and or assistant in trying to navigate the world of credit reports. This is an up hill battle that I am not winning.

Please Advice?

Depends whether it is past CRTP or not. Is more than one CA reporting the same debt? An OC and a CA can both report the same debt, but not 2 CAs.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.