Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Trade Lines

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Help with Trade Lines

Okay so I just pulled my Experian report. I was wondering if people can start me off with some tips about how I can get some things removed.

The first thing I noticed is that an account appears on there as charged off. Then I see that same account appearing in collection agency. Shouldn't I be able to get the original charge off removed?

This lists addresses all the way back to my college dorms. Can I get those removed? How far back are inquiries supposed to appear (I have a couple from 2006)

My other thing is that the accounts I have on here all went delinquent and I've been doing the DMP. I've noticed that the balances have gotten lower but it says '$0' for recent payment. I would really like to get these Collections off of here. Any advice is much appreciated.
   Would the recent payments showing help?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with Trade Lines

A CO and a CA can both report at the same time. Are both reporting a balance? If no balance on the CO'd OC then you can send them a GW and ask for removal.

Ignore the addresses unless they are wrong (e.g. if it says you lived in FL and you never lived there). Not worth the time to remove them.

Inquiries last for 2 years.

Recent payments will not help, not for CAs anyway. Don't take any action on any CAs unless you are able to offer a PFD in full. Now if you have some collections on your CR that are PIF and show as such, then offer a GW to them.
Message 2 of 8
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

thanks for your help.  So outside of good will letters there's really nothing I can do for the next few years for these to drop off?  Does time in any way help if they are paid off?
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd wait it out if your are in a DMP. If payments were made on these debts recently then your SOL could have easily been reset. Outside of GWing paid accounts including CAs, there's not much else you can do unless you are willing to PIF. In other words, if you have cash in hand where you can send out a DV then a PFD then it would certainly be worth it. You need it to be removed. But also remember, the CAs don't have to accept a PFD thereby placing you in a situation where you may have to cough up the money to avoid being sued. Also, fighting it could place your DMP in jeopardy.

Paid or unpaid CAs are just as damaging. Doesn't matter if you owe $0 or $100,000, the damage is weighted the same score-wise. Under a manual review by a potential creditor, you'd look better with a $0 balance. The damage does lessen with time. But there are plenty of stories in here of people receiving 20-40-60-even 100 point bumps at the 7 yr mark.
Message 4 of 8
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Thank you for your help.  I'm just trying to find a way to add something positive on to my report besides my student loan, and also to get a real apartment.  I don't know how people who are seemingly worse off than I am do any of that stuff.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you in a credit counseling program, you won't be able to acquire new credit until you complete the payment plan you are on now. But when you start out, look for a secured card that can be converted to un-secured later. Ask the creditor before applying.
Message 6 of 8
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Yeah I've heard that, I was just hoping to boost the tradelines I do have.  And apartments are a major concern as well.
Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You'll get a decent boost with the reporting of 1-2 open CC accts (20-40+).
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.