Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Trans Union reporting!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Trans Union reporting!!

There is an account on my report from an auto repo that took place in 2002.  DOFD was in 2001, but on my TU report it doesn't show DOLA, only the last reported date, which shows 5/08 since I disputed.
How should I get TU to show the DOFD/DOLA??? Do I ask them to change the reported date also? I'm so confused with this one.

It's due to fall off report 2/2009.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Trans Union reporting!!

JadedLady wrote:
There is an account on my report from an auto repo that took place in 2002.  DOFD was in 2001, but on my TU report it doesn't show DOLA, only the last reported date, which shows 5/08 since I disputed.
How should I get TU to show the DOFD/DOLA??? Do I ask them to change the reported date also? I'm so confused with this one.

It's due to fall off report 2/2009.

Where are you getting your reports from?

The last reported date is correct. That is the last time the creditor reported the account.

Depending on where you pull your reports it may or may not show DOLA, DOFD.

Normally you'll have to get reports straight from the CRA to see these dates.

DOFD is required to be reported to the CRA from the creditor. However, no DOLA may be reported, I do not know if it is required for the creditor to report this date.

If you go to www.transunion.com and at the bottom click dispute, then click online dispute, and go through the steps you will get a report to look at and check for innacuracies. This will show more detail then TU reports from other places.

You don't have to complete and submit a dispute. You can close out after you view the report.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Trans Union reporting!!

Thanks. I just looked at TU report and it doesn't show a place for DOFD or DOLA.
We are trying to build a house and the lender asked us to have them put in the correct DOFD/DOLA because with it it being verfied 5/2008 makes it look new.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.