cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with medical judgement (payments/settlement/removal)

tag
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

Help with medical judgement (payments/settlement/removal)

This medical bill is from when i had my daughter. Total amount still owed is $6,630.00

This is 3 bills. 1 for my daughter and 2 for myself.

At the time i had insurance through my father. (was 20 years old) He works for the road department and my insurance was very good and always paid for everything.

The hospital didn't put it through insurance. (this is where i was born, my first and second were born, if i went to emergency room ect) so i would be on file with my insurance that hasn't changed since i was born. Anyway... it is now a judgement. i have made a few small payments on it since that time.

I have been back and forth with that old insurance company and the hospital. One women from the hospital gave myself a 50% settlement if paid in full or %25 off if i started making payments and it would be removed from my report. the next day, she said she never made that deal.

I recently sent a settlement offer of $1,700.00 and was denied and the collection agency suggested i make payments. I was hoping they would come back with a higher offer but nothing.

After my kids father passed away i was stuck with alot of bills, this is my last one. In the soon future i would love to buy a house and have been talking with my bank but this needs to show paid or removed.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Should i request to have it vacated if i start making payments? should i offer another settlement offer?

Thank you very much in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with medical judgement (payments/settlement/removal)

Sorry, forgot to add..

I never recieved any papers about anything court related.

Also, on the itemized bills i requested, it shows a small deduction from my insurance company. however, like i said i had great insurance and it would have covered 100%. also, the insurance company has no record of them ever sending any claim to them about these bills or any record showing they paid anything towards them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.