cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with my Credit

tag
taylor711

Help with my Credit

I need help. My current credit score is 578 (EQ), my goal is 680. I have one Capital One credit card with a $200 limit, that I opened in 02/2011 (never late). I just opened a 1st Primer CC with a $300 limit (never late) . I cosigned on a auto loan in 2010 and the car was repoed in 2011. Its now a charge off. I also have a lot of inquries(33) when I was car chopping. I have a auto loan with Capital One that I opened in 02/2012 (never late) however, my score just doesnt seem to be moving. Any Advice to help me speed up the process?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with my Credit

do you have any other baddies or any judgements lat es on your reports?  Also who did you cosign for family or friend

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 7
taylor711

I cosigned for a family member, nothing else bad..

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The new accounts are a drain on your score. Give them a chance to age and avoid applying for anything.

The repo is recent, relatively speaking. Once you have 100% saved up, try sending a PFD to the car lender (you can always offer a settlement).

Get one CC to report $0, and get the other to report a balance of under 9% of the CL.

Message 4 of 7
taylor711

I just remembered I had a $500 loan that I opened in 2008. There were some slow payments at that time, but the account was paid and closed.

Message 5 of 7
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Send a goodwill to remove any derogs from that loan since its paid and closed they may GW it.  

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to the forums.

You have 2 issues that are dragging your scores down.

1.  Too much bad credit

2.  Not enough good credit

I would suggest that you go to www.annualcreditreport.com and pull your CRs.  That way you will know exactly what is on your reports.  Then you will need to start cleaning and building a health CR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.