cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with next steps

tag
dangerousdan

Re: Help with next steps

No. Hoping capital will give me an increase soon. Started at $300 and increased to $500 after 6 months. Had it one hear five months now.

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 589
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 26
dangerousdan

One year five months

Message 22 of 26
dangerousdan

Can't somebody point me to where I can find a good sample letter for the state code or post one on here? Thanks in advance.

Message 23 of 26
dangerousdan

Ok sent new DV letters to Porfolio and Midland under Texas code today.

Will send LVNV one out once I get the return receipt from them. I had to resend the FDCPA one last week to LVNV because the first one was returned undeleverable. I sent it to a different LVNV address. I will wait until it has been 30 days from receipt of the FDCPA one and if no valadation I'll then send them a new one under Texas code.

I sent the following letter, with the origional FDCPA valadation, return receipts, and delivery confermations, as well as excerpts(with everything else blacked out) from my credit report.

(My name)

(My address)

(Their Name)

(Their address)

Dear (debt collector name),

Re: Account #’ (abc123)

I sent a similar validation letter under and it was verified as received March 4th 2013.(enclosed). It has been greater than 30 days and the accounts were not verified and still remain on my credit report. This is a Violation of Texas State Financial Code. If no validation is received within 30 days of receipt of this letter I will forward all evidence and make a claim with the Texas Attorney General and BBB. An excerpt showing (collection company name) on my credit report is included (enclosed) for reference as well as a copy of the original letter.(enclosed)

Your company is reporting the above referenced account on my credit report as a collection account. I have disputed this item with the credit reporting agency and they reported you confirmed the account as valid.

In a good faith effort to resolve the matter amicably, I must demand proof of this debt, specifically the alleged contract or other instrument bearing my signature, as well as proof of your authority in this matter. Absent such proof, you must correct any erroneous reports of this past debt as mine.

I must ask you to provide the following information:

1. Please evidence your authorization under TEXAS STATE CODE 392.202 in this alleged matter.
2. What is your authorization of law for your collection of information?
3. What is your authorization of law for your collection of this alleged debt?
4. Please evidence your authorization to do business or operate in this state.
5. Please evidence proof of the alleged debt, including the alleged contract or other instrument bearing my signature.

6. Who was the original Creditor, How much did you pay to purchase the alleged debt, what was the original alleged amount?
7. Please provide a complete account history, including any charges added for collection activity.

You have thirty (30) days from receipt of this notice to respond. Failure to respond in writing, hand-signed, and in a timely manner, will be considered a waiver to any and all of your claims in this matter, and will entitle me to presume you placed this on my credit report(s) in error and that this matter is permanently closed. Provide the proof, or correct the record and remove this invalid debt from all sources to which you have reported it.

For the purposes of TEXAS STATE CODE 39.202., this Notice has the same effect as a dispute to the validity of the alleged debt and a dispute to the validity of your claims. This Notice is an attempt to correct your records, and any information received from you will be collected as evidence should further action be necessary. This is a request for information only, and is not a statement, election, or waiver of status.

Wish me Luck

Message 24 of 26
dangerousdan

Does this letter look good?

Message 25 of 26
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It sounds good.  TX Finance Code requires a lot more from a CA than does the FDCPA.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.