Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with paid medical collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with paid medical collections

Hello. I have searched the forums and found where many people have had success getting paid medical collections removed from theri CR. I have 2 that I didn't even know existed until I pulled my report a while back. Both have been paid now but neither agancy would do a PFD. I see where recen HIPAA changes could allow me to have these removed. I also kknow that it cannot be discussed here. Could someone point me in the right direction? 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with paid medical collections

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello. I have searched the forums and found where many people have had success getting paid medical collections removed from theri CR. I have 2 that I didn't even know existed until I pulled my report a while back. Both have been paid now but neither agancy would do a PFD. I see where recen HIPAA changes could allow me to have these removed. I also kknow that it cannot be discussed here. Could someone point me in the right direction? 

Thank you!

Welcome to the forums.  You're right that what you're talking about can't be discussed here.  As for the right direction------->Google

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can speak from experience that not all CA's are willing to pfd, nor does the hippa process work.  When it first started, it worked because they weren't that familiar with what it entailed.  Once providers were hit with these letters a few years ago, they adjusted their forms accordingly.   If you get a CA that knows the laws as well, they send a letter right back along with the form that you signed allowing it.  That is what happened with me with Fox Collections.  They don't work with you nor do they care what you have to say lol  I have ONE small medical collection that will haunt me until 2017 and not a thing I can do about it.  The sad part is I can't even prove it was mine.  The facility has no record of the dates the CA has but they aren't willing to send me anything in writing.

What I learned from all this, I refuse to sign their forms!  Without my signature/authorization, there won't be a collection agency involved.  

Message 3 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I can speak from experience that not all CA's are willing to pfd, nor does the hippa process work.  When it first started, it worked because they weren't that familiar with what it entailed.  Once providers were hit with these letters a few years ago, they adjusted their forms accordingly.   If you get a CA that knows the laws as well, they send a letter right back along with the form that you signed allowing it.  That is what happened with me with Fox Collections.  They don't work with you nor do they care what you have to say lol  I have ONE small medical collection that will haunt me until 2017 and not a thing I can do about it.  The sad part is I can't even prove it was mine.  The facility has no record of the dates the CA has but they aren't willing to send me anything in writing.

What I learned from all this, I refuse to sign their forms!  Without my signature/authorization, there won't be a collection agency involved.  

I would file a CFPB complaint on this.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gdale - Who or what is CFFPB?  What kind of complaint can I file and how do I do it???  

Message 5 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Gdale - Who or what is CFFPB?  What kind of complaint can I file and how do I do it???  

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau  http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

You would file the complaint against the CA, choice would be debt collection, based on inability and refusal to validate and tell them you have tried to validate it yourself with the OC and they dont have any info on what the CA is claiming. The remedy you want is removal of the CA from your CRs and for them to C&D.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I have googled it, there seems to be quite varying information on the subject. If I wanted to see if I could just get these removed should I start with the CA or the hospital where the bills came from? 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, this is another issue that I am not sure why it can't be talked about here. Puzzled.

Message 8 of 17
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Google and google again.  There is not correct information on this subject.  Keep searching.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outside of the HIPAA process. If I wanted to request removal of the collections process is it recommended that I start with the CA or the hospital where the bills originated. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.