Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with paid medical collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with paid medical collections

For removal of *any* derogatory item you would begin with whoever is placing the item on your report. Paid collections would begin with the collection agency.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you kindly. 

Message 12 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Outside of the HIPAA process. If I wanted to request removal of the collections process is it recommended that I start with the CA or the hospital where the bills originated. 

The proper way to address paid derogs is to send them a GW letter asking for foregiveness of and removal of the TL from your CRs. Here is the GW Letter thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 13 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

yes, this is another issue that I am not sure why it can't be talked about here. Puzzled.

The reason the HIPAA Process cannot be discussed on this forum is due to a Cease & Desist request that was sent to My Fico from the creator of the process to stop discussing it on this forum. When it gets brought up we suggest that one Googles for the information and that is the extent of it. I hope this clears this up for you.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called the CA and asked them if they would consider removing the items, explained the situation and got a no go. I asked them if the hospital was willing to do so if they would remove them. They said yes....contacted the hospital billing department via email and explained the situation. I recieved a response back in 10 minutes stating they contacted the CA and had them removed the 2 items from my credit report and had the CA send me a latter claiming that they removed them. Hot diggity dog!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mind sharing with me what you mentioned to the hospital? You just told them that they would remove it if the hospital was okay with it and asked them to? Thanks!

@Anonymous wrote:

Called the CA and asked them if they would consider removing the items, explained the situation and got a no go. I asked them if the hospital was willing to do so if they would remove them. They said yes....contacted the hospital billing department via email and explained the situation. I recieved a response back in 10 minutes stating they contacted the CA and had them removed the 2 items from my credit report and had the CA send me a latter claiming that they removed them. Hot diggity dog!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I explained that my wife and I have had multiple surgeries and procedures costing thousands of dollars over the past 4 years and unfortunately 2 of the bills managed slip through the cracks. I was very apologetic and explained that the 2 marks are hurting our chances to refinance. I explained that the collection agency was willing to remove the marks at the hospitals request. I listed the two account numbers with the collection agency that I was asking to be removed and politely asked if they would consider my situation. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.