Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with paying off $2500 debt

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Help with paying off $2500 debt

Okay, I'll give you an honest answer

You have a maxed out card. That means you're not capable of paying off your balances.
Lenders are willing to take some risk, but you're at the verge of defaulting again, and they can see you defaulted in the past.

Even if approved, there is nothing preventing you form maxing out new card, too.
So, in a nutshell, you're too much of a high risk customer right now. You need to show a bit of financial responsibility on your end before other issues will consider lending you anything.

Charge offs are also going to be in your way as long as they remain on your CR. While you may "not be too worried about paying those", lenders are.
So, it's not just $2K in debt, but also that $10k.

I understand you're thinking if you had 0% APR, it would be easier to pay off, but what really needs to happen is how you approach credit and finances.
$2000 is quite a bit of money for some, but it's not a mountain of debt. You can do it by making lifestyle adjustments and picking up a bit of extra work if possible.
As it stands right now, I really do not see you qualifying for a BT card.

You can do this, it's going to take a bit off effort, but it can be done.
Message 11 of 39
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@IcyCool7227 wrote:

I have 3 past charge off CCs that total up over $10K. I'm not too worried about paying those right now. One of them is in a collections account with Portfolio Recovery Associates for a little over $2000. Why can't I get a balance transfer though?

As @Remedios  stated, you are not going to qualify for any BT offers with a maxed out card and 3 chargeoffs.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow...this is one of those occasions where I can't believe what I just read.

@IceyCool7227, what do you do for a living?

Message 13 of 39
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Follow the advise given above.

Save your hard pull inquiries. You will be denied credit.

If you follow some of these rebuild post, you'll see that your debt can be paid off. It'll take time and not impossible. Come up with a plan and a budget to get your credit back in shape.

Portfolio Recovery Associates will do Pay For Delete when you're ready. There's alot of information here for that collection agency.

Good luck.
Message 14 of 39
IcyCool7227
Regular Contributor

I have a better solution. I'll just borrow several bucks from each MyFico forum member and pay you all back within 18 months time. Does that sound good? LOL.

As of: 3/28/24:

EQ: 785 (prev. 778 on 2/6/24; 773 on 1/26/24 & 750 on 1/7/24 & 626 on 6/7/24 & 652 in April 2023) - FICO 8
EX: 763 (prev. 755 on 2/6/24; 753 on 1/26/24 & 732 on 1/7/24 & 643 on 6/7/24 & 619 in April 2023) - FICO 8
TU: 759 (prev. 748 on 2/6/24; 744 on 1/26/24 & 689 on 1/7/24 & 6/7/24 & 654 in April 2023) - CreditKarma

Have:
- Amazon Prime Store Card: $5,000
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards: $1,200
- Chase Freedom Flex: $500
- Discover it Cashback: $2,000
- Kohl’s Charge: $3,000
- Super Cash: Limit varies based on debit balance - doesn't show up in accounts anymore though on CRs.
- Zolve: Shows up but have not set up yet as no money has been put on the account.
Message 15 of 39
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Some will think I'm nuts. But they will understand once I post it. Depending on your weight. You can save many lives and your credit life by donating your plasma. You can earn up to around $300 for donating a month. Twice a week. Hour and a half each visit. Look into your areas donation centers. As we all said. You got to get yourself under control. Fast.

The range in compensation is related to the volume of plasma you're able to donate. The FDA sets the guidelines and the ranges are 110-149 pounds, 150-174 pounds, and 175-400 pounds. The more poundage, the more plasma, and the more cash you're paid.  I know your trying to be cute with that post. But you dont want a third charge off walking the tightrope. Good Luck!

Message 16 of 39
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ You're not nuts. There's a member here doing that too. Amazing story. Debt paid off so far around $20-30k. I can't recall the exact amount.
Message 17 of 39
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
^ You're not nuts. There's a member here doing that too. Amazing story. Debt paid off so far around $20-30k. I can't recall the exact amount.

Cool. Didnt know that.

Message 18 of 39
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I honestly tried but didn't work for me, however my coworker does it and they will run a bonus every now and then too and you get extra money. She makes a few hundred a monthSmiley Happy

I apparently have "horrible veins" I went 5 times and nobody could get me, they did pay me 50.00 for my troubles, I really wanted to do it to help people and to make some extra cash.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 19 of 39
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

I honestly tried but didn't work for me, however my coworker does it and they will run a bonus every now and then too and you get extra money. She makes a few hundred a monthSmiley Happy

I apparently have "horrible veins" I went 5 times and nobody could get me, they did pay me 50.00 for my troubles, I really wanted to do it to help people and to make some extra cash.

Wish I was there. I dont miss. The trick is using a BP cuff. That backs up everything. And they will pop up. Smiley Surprised

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.