cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with rebuilding!

Highlighted

Re: Help with rebuilding!

He is driving it cause I was giving him a chance to pay it, due to the fact that I can’t afford to make that monthly payment either. So either way I would be hurting from this vehicle.

The collections are all 3 to 5 years old.

And my other repos are 4 and 5 years old so is it worth filing bankruptcy and being considered “high risk” for another 7 years??

I’ve read that a secured Credit card, and self lender loan may be a good way to help me since I do not have any revolving credit? Anyone had luck with this?
Message 11 of 12
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Help with rebuilding!

I personally would start trying to look at your finances and negotiate "pay for deletes" on the accounts that are in collections. I wouldn't do the bankruptcy route, as like you said you are already 5 years in, so I wouldn't extend this out further.

After you clean out a few collections, I would apply for a couple secured credit cards. Pay them in full every month, do not carry a balance, and start rebuilding some positive history.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.