Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with removing 30 day late payment on my report from Nordstrom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with removing 30 day late payment on my report from Nordstrom

Made a huge mistake in thinking I was on autopay with Nordstrom. The account is fairly new and all my other accounts are autopayed. I missed 2 payments (march and april) and didn't realize it until I received a credit alert from Experian. 

I called and explained what happened, also changed my email and phone as they had my old contact info. (hence the reason I didn't see anything from them.)

The 2 late fees were removed but I was told they can't do anything in regards to what was reported to the credit bureaus. The result is my FICO score dropping 61 points! I am so close to buying a house and this just puts a stop to it. Is there anything I can do? 

Any help/advice is really appreciated

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with removing 30 day late payment on my report from Nordstrom

you can try writing them a goodwill letter to remove the lates its not guaranteed but other members have had success trying to get lates removed

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

you can try writing them a goodwill letter to remove the lates its not guaranteed but other members have had success trying to get lates removed

I will try this. Do I write to Nordstrom or TD Bank USA? See below - 

Some important information about your Nordstrom credit card
Nordstrom credit cards are issued by TD Bank USA, N.A.; subject to approval. Nordstrom is TD Bank USA, N.A.'s service provider for the Nordstrom Credit Card program.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any advice on who to contact?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest using the Saturation Technique.  For an isolated late payment, I feel you'd have pretty quick overall results.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had this same thing happen to me , i disputed ( stupidly through annualcreditreport.com ) i was able to get one 30 day late removed but just asking why, how , etc but unfortunately the other remains, maybe beacuse i said " i was never late" i heard thats not a good way to go about it.

@Anonymous
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.