Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!!

since finding this forum I have been working on my credit with some success. Until today:/ in the past 2 weeks I have managed to get my score from here up 16 points. I just pulled another report from here and a 90 day late fee popped up from Toyota. We leased a car a while back and returned it when the lease was up in 2012. A few months later we received a letter for  1800 for a balance. I called and was told from damage, no way we turned that car in like new. So then a get a call and was told it was from the last payment and tires I didn't recall having one more payment due they said they would look into it and get back to me. Fast forward to this summer I received a letter from a collection agency on this. I called the collection agency and decided to make payment arrangements to get this settled. They have been taking 100 out monthly since June. Toyota has not reported anything but the balance since 2012 and some old late pays and now the 90 day late popped up so I called the collection agency who I have the arrangement with and wow were they rude. I had a simple question about why this popped up and got a condescending lecture about my account being in collections. Well no crap that's why I made the payment arrangement. I know I shouldn't have been so rude and am regretting it now but they did say they don't do the reporting Toyota does, so does this mean it is Toyota who still has the debt. When I made this arrangement with vital recovery I assumed they owned it and would not have to worry about Toyota reporting anything.  Should I call Toyota and try to get the 90 day removed and pay off the balance? And any number to call? 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.