Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help...

Hello, I have a few questions in regards to achieving my goals any input will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

BK charged off 12/05, between the 3 CB's I have 5-7 negatives on my CR. The positives are as follows, Kay Jewler 05/07 CL $600, Car Loan 06/07 $8000, Cap1 09/07 CL $500, Cap 12/07 CL $500, Target Store Card 09/08 CL $200, Walmart Store Card 09/08 CL $700 Smiley Very Happy Several Student loans that are in good standing in defferment. I have 10-15 inquiries within the last 2 years most will fall off mid to end 2009 and the rest on 2010. I am looking to start a new job by the end of the year with way more pay and will be able to PIF my CC's and with any luck pay my car loan off which has a 17.??% intrest rate My new job also has a program to pay or help pay off my student loans 

In the near future I want to buy a brand new vehicle ( I need to get where I can get a low intrest rate because the vehicle I want is like 40k ) and buy/build a home. So am I on the right track and what else can I do to get my scores higher?

edit: I also had a FP card that I pif and then closed due to APR and not beeing able to pay my bill online for free like cap1. I had the card like 6 months or so.

Thanks Again

Message Edited by German_Girl on 09-30-2008 04:53 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help...

BUMPSmiley Sad
Message 2 of 6
atl
Contributor

The quickest way to increase your scores, is to decrease your utilization. What are your utils on your CCs?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry I'm new to this forum and new to consiously rebuilding my credit after BK. Currently it shows to be 53%, but I just applied and got approved for Target store card CL 200 and Walmart Store card CL 700 which w/o a balance on them would be arround 34%. I also have a new job coming up with WAY more money Smiley Very Happy and will therefore be paying my 2 Cap1 cards off and going to try and combine them and possibly ask for a CLI. With the new job I will not "need" the CC's per say only to keep them active and PIF every month. So with this info how will this effect my Score? Thanks for the response btw
Message 4 of 6
atl
Contributor

Well, since you are gonna be able to pay down those CC debts, I would stop using your CCs, pay them ALL down below 30% util, then see what your scores are then. Your scores will definitely raise.

You said you are trying to get a new car in the NEAR future, and dealing with CAs and OCs with collections takes time. Your scores aret bad, but the BK might screw up your position in getting a  good rate on a car loan...who knows? Good luck!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, and with this new job I will also be able to pay off my current car loan early with a whopping

17.??% intrest Smiley Mad and I deffinatly want the lowest rate possible for my new truck which will be arround 50k don't realy want a $1000 truck note Smiley Sad Thanks again for your advise and I will continue on my path of recovery from bad credit (counting down till dec 2015 Smiley Tongue  when my BK falls off)

Thanks againSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.