cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here Goes Nothin (GW Letters/PFD letters)

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Here Goes Nothin (GW Letters/PFD letters)

@Anonymous wrote:

@AutoBot wrote:

So they are basically ignoring your PFD request and simply reiterating the total amount they are owed. How old is this account? You may need to send it to a different address. Hoping someone else has more wisdom on this. Honestly speaking, I have had 0% success on PFD or GW letters. Smiley Frustrated

Erm.. 
Date Opened: 11/2010
Date of Status : 06/2012
Last reported: 06/2015

@soooo 3 years? I have idea @_@ I'm so credit-stupid.

I would continue to request PFD, if you are planning to app for a mortgage it will have to be satisfied before you can close. If they start updating monthly then that is the time you would want to just settle it and switch to GW letters asking for removal of the TL. Getting a PFD or a GW from an OC is hard and some can take years to accomplish. Just be aware if this is still inside your states SOL you dont want to poke them too hard since they can still use the courts to get a successful judgment.

Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  Got a letter come Capital One / Best Buy Account.  They're removing the tradeline.. WOOHOO!!!!

1 down... several to go. Baby steps - - - baby steps.

Message 12 of 41
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:  Got a letter come Capital One / Best Buy Account.  They're removing the tradeline.. WOOHOO!!!!

1 down... several to go. Baby steps - - - baby steps.

Sweet, grats Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Collection Services just sent me a letter stating they had closed the account and returned it to the original creditor. They are requesting deletion off my credit. The amount is still owed to Mediacom, but I can now pay mediacom what I owe them ($125.00) and be done Smiley Very Happy 

WOOHOO!!! One More down!!!

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you get a GW denial from a company - how long do you typically wait before sending another one....  and do you send the same letter again, or do you modify it?

Message 15 of 41
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If you get a GW denial from a company - how long do you typically wait before sending another one....  and do you send the same letter again, or do you modify it?

If you dont hear anything or get the denial letter you want to send another at 30 or 60 days from last mailing. I did 30 days and its best to toss it up and not send them the same letter each time.

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have yet to recieve a denial letter but there are a few companies (As seen above) that I haven't gotten any corrispondance from. If I don't hear anything in 30 days I'm going to send them a modified verision of the first lettter, and then wait another 30 days. If I don't hear anything then, I'm going to try phone calls. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: 1/25

So I wondered over to CreditKarma and noticed something on my report.. It looked a little something like this::

"You Credit Report no longer lists 2 accounts" 

CB/VICSCRET 
Type: Credit Card
Open Date: 10/30/2010
Removal Date: 6/16/2012
Reported by: TransUnion

CAP1/BSTBY
Credit Card
Open Date: 12/13/2010
Removal Date: 3/28/2012

I knew Cap1 was removing the Best Buy account because they sent my a letter.
I had No CLUE about the Victoria's secret one. I was getting ready to send them another letter!!! I never got anything in the mail about that one. 

My question is now : Portfolio Recovery Associates is the Collection Agency to that Victoria's Secret account that is now no longer listed on my credit report. Is that leverage to get them to remove it off my credit? I sent them a Goodwill letter, but I haven't receieved anything from them. 

Message 18 of 41
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE: 1/25

So I wondered over to CreditKarma and noticed something on my report.. It looked a little something like this::

"You Credit Report no longer lists 2 accounts" 

CB/VICSCRET 
Type: Credit Card
Open Date: 10/30/2010
Removal Date: 6/16/2012

CAP1/BSTBY
Credit Card
Open Date: 12/13/2010
Removal Date: 3/28/2012

I knew Cap1 was removing the Best Buy account because they sent my a letter.
I had No CLUE about the Victoria's secret one. I was getting ready to send them another letter!!! I never got anything in the mail about that one. 

My question is now : Portfolio Recovery Associates is the Collection Agency to that Victoria's Secret account that is now no longer listed on my credit report. Is that leverage to get them to remove it off my credit? I sent them a Goodwill letter, but I haven't receieved anything from them. 

No, the removal of the account by the OC doesnt force the CA to also do so. Both have to operate from the accounts DoFD as to the max time they can report. PRA is a tough cookie to crack for PFD or GW, dont give up though keep up your campaign with them.

Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh Foo-Ee!

I've heard people have had a tough time. It's one of the last cookies left to crack!!!... I can't believe these GW letters have worked.. I'm so happy!

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.