Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here goes nothing - Amex Blacklist

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Here goes nothing - Amex Blacklist

@Anonymous wrote:

Side note: Since I paid the first account back in 2018, I would check the Pre-Qualified offers almost every quarter and I never received a Pre-Qualified offer. Then, after I paid the second account, I checked for Pre-Qualified offers and I received two, the AMEX Hilton and AMEX Delta cards! I should have waited for the Optima application and went according to the plan I laid out for myself a few years ago, but I almost fell out of my chair when I received the Pre-Qualified offers... I applied immediately, for both. And was denied, for both. I called their recon line a few times and they didn't budge. However, FWIW, they did say I could apply again 30-days after a rejection, but not to try before that. Doesn't matter for me, I'm going to apply for the Optima card and be happy with that. On the Optima application, it says that in 12-months (without missing a payment) they will consider you for CLI and an upgrade. Smiley Wink 

Good luck! 

What is the credit limit they offered on your Optima Card applicaiton ? It used to be 50% of the amount we pay off will the new limit on Optima card. I am paying off couple of old Amex cards and I'll apply for Optima card. I am not looking for new credit but good to be back in the Amex family.

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm probably going to call in later this morning and ask about the Optima. They didn't mention it on the phone so I may not be eligible for some reason -- not sure why, it wasn't a huge amount that I owed them and it was 8 years ago. There's also a chance they already sent me the Optima program or some other such correspondence in the mail but they still had my address on file from NM, not CO. In other words, I wouldn't have known of any attempts to contact me.

Can't hurt to call in and ask I figure!

Message 12 of 34
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't hurt to call in and ask I figure!

Good idea.

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have an offer for the Optima on my account. Though, as someone else pointed out it in another thread it might be quicker to wait 6 months and app for a regular card. Now I'm conflicted. I want back in with Amex. Optima is guaranteed. Waiting six months isn't a big deal but there's no guarantee they'll approve me for another card. I guess I have the time between now and them mailing the app to me to think about it.

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can get off the amex blacklist.

i opened up an amex card when i first started college. got stupid and wreckless with my credit back then.

amex went to collections and i never paid it. eventually fell off all 3 reports after 7 years.

just recently applied for amex platinum and got approved.

when i received the card it says member since '00

never had a personal amex card since then. only amex i had before is my coporate card and that doesn't show up on my any of my reports and that one says member since '15

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I guess that settles that. I'm on the phone with Amex and one person has told me the Optima program is discontinued and the other told me that the only way to get it is if I paid the amount due to a collection agency, that Amex doesn't offer it directly. All of this after being told I had "an offer on my account" for it the other day.

Just another confused morning not understanding much of what's going on around me.

Message 16 of 34
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I am sorry to hear about your experience with Amex / Optima. It is not a regular product and offered when you pay off the old credit with them. May be you can call back the department to whom you made the payment and see if they can give you an App. Other option is just wait and apply for regular card. Even if you get into Optima Jail it will be 12 months before you can apply and get a regular card. I am sure before 12 months with out Optima you might be able to get a regular card with them. Now that you paid off the old balances in full with them you are in much better position to get another card with them.

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

I am sorry to hear about your experience with Amex / Optima. It is not a regular product and offered when you pay off the old credit with them. May be you can call back the department to whom you made the payment and see if they can give you an App. Other option is just wait and apply for regular card. Even if you get into Optima Jail it will be 12 months before you can apply and get a regular card. I am sure before 12 months with out Optima you might be able to get a regular card with them. Now that you paid off the old balances in full with them you are in much better position to get another card with them.

I think that's the plan. I'll AU on the lady's BCP so we can both use that for groceries and wait until I hit my gardening goals before I try for the BCE on my own. 

Message 18 of 34
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that's the plan. I'll AU on the lady's BCP so we can both use that for groceries and wait until I hit my gardening goals before I try for the BCE on my own. 

Make sure you are able to AU on others account. Amex might say no depending on the previous account status with them. Call them to find out.

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Make sure you are able to AU on others account. Amex might say no depending on the previous account status with them. Call them to find out.

We're just going to try every couple of weeks until it goes. I asked almost everyone I talked to this morning and no one was able to tell me if I was blacklisted or not without applying. If I'm not, I don't want the HP for a card I know I won't qualify for, so I'm playing the long game. 

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.