cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I'm new to credit and need some help Please.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm new to credit and need some help Please.

My girlfriend and I are trying to build our credit. I have absolutely no credit what so ever I recently took out a loan with eagle loan of Ohio, it was a loan that I didn't need I just did it because I knew I could afford the payments and to get the report on my credit file, the loan will be paid off from start to finish in a nine month time frame. My first question is that a long enough time frame to build any kind of credit?

Now my second question is my girl friends credit is screwed she has bad bad credit from when she was 18 She got a few credit cards and also over drafted a bank account. We was not together at the time but from the bank statements that she saved I can see that the overdraft was from a $13.22 purchase and she only hade $12.68 in the bank, But buy the time she caught it her account with all the fees was overdrawn well over $100.00. she recently received a letter from regent asset management it reads

US BANK
ORIGINAL ACCOUNT NO.DDA13**********
FILE NO........
BALANCE DUE. $996.46

Dear************
Regent recently offered you a reduced payoff on your debt. We have now provided you with multiple notices of this debt that you have continued to ignore. Your failure to take advantage of the settlement offer and your failure to contact our office to arrange a repayment plan is requiring us to enlist the assistance of an attorney in recovering this dept.

once the account is forwarded to an attorney, our attorneys are being instructed not to negotiate a reduction of the debt and not to accept payment less then the entire balance. you have been provided sufficient notice and opportunity to discuss a payment plan or a settlement offer if you in fact had any intention of repaying this debt.

if you would like the leniency of regent in discussing a repayment schedule or an opportunity to discuss a reduction in your dept,the time to act and contact us is now. it will take us a short wile to arrange for counsel in your area. during this time, we will continue to keep an open mind that it is the economy as a whole that has prevented you from paying your obligations. if you once again fail to respond,we will understand that you have no intentions of paying the bill unless you are sued and forced by the power of the law to honor your obligations.

regent asset management solutions 
1-866-***********
This is from a debt collector it is an attempt to collect a debt

I want to know how i should handle this, Should I
A. get a attorney
B.pay the balance or
C.Do nothing
d. None of the above 
Any help you could give us would be greatly welcomed.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Hi I'm new to credit and need some help Please.

How old is this???  It was 100 overdrawn & now it's over $900 from fees?

Oh...and yes, 9 mos is plenty to start a credit file.  I believe it takes 6 mos of payments to start a file.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and thank you for your reply ,
The account is from late 2008.
 I just don't want to pay it or even contact them for that matter,
if there is any way I can work something out with usbank.
Could you advise me the best way to handle it.
 I mean we know she was overdrawn and are willing to take care of it ,(we would like to pay alot less then $900) 
But i just want to make sure we do it to where it helps her credit and not just pay a collector all this money, and it still show up on her credit report for another 5 years
Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello and thank you for your reply ,
The account is from late 2008.
 I just don't want to pay it or even contact them for that matter,
if there is any way I can work something out with usbank.
Could you advise me the best way to handle it.
 I mean we know she was overdrawn and are willing to take care of it ,(we would like to pay alot less then $900) 
But i just want to make sure we do it to where it helps her credit and not just pay a collector all this money, and it still show up on her credit report for another 5 years

You can call and ask US Bank if they will let you pay them. I did this with Wells Fargo several years ago concerning a checking account belonging to my son. They agreed to accept payment and at that point the CA was hung out to dry.

The downside is that WF was unwilling to contact ChexSystems to have the entry deleted. Perhaps you will have better luck with US Bank.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.