Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi new here, and could use some help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi new here, and could use some help.

Hi I'm new to myfico and starting the rebuilding of my credit. I"m starting my journey with a fico score of 0.
I worked hard to clear up my credit and closed all accounts. I didn't realize at the time it was worst thing to do. So when last thing was removed I ended up with a 0 credit score. Now I am having to restart from scratch.

I was laid off job and then my appendix decided to rupture. The doctor didn't notice rupture so didn't clean out poisoning so ended but back in hospital after making them do new MRI on me cause I was still in pain a month later. I think doctor thought I was just after pain meds. So ended in hospital again, not fun when you get call saying get to hospital now someone will be waiting on you. So very bad time In my life. I even talked to an attorney said wouldn't take case because it's very hard to take on hospital and win.

I have been approved for a few cards with tiny cl.
I was able to get capital one platinum card before last item was removed.
Capital one cl 300.
After 0 I was able to get the following.
Credit one ( totally sucks) cl300
Patel card cl 1000 (didn't have to link bank)
But now have quite a few hp on credit.

I wish I knew about you guys before but I know now so I figured I was ask you guys.

What would you recommend I do now?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Hi new here, and could use some help.

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi I'm new to myfico and starting the rebuilding of my credit. I"m starting my journey with a fico score of 0.
I worked hard to clear up my credit and closed all accounts. I didn't realize at the time it was worst thing to do. So when last thing was removed I ended up with a 0 credit score. Now I am having to restart from scratch.

I was laid off job and then my appendix decided to rupture. The doctor didn't notice rupture so didn't clean out poisoning so ended but back in hospital after making them do new MRI on me cause I was still in pain a month later. I think doctor thought I was just after pain meds. So ended in hospital again, not fun when you get call saying get to hospital now someone will be waiting on you. So very bad time In my life. I even talked to an attorney said wouldn't take case because it's very hard to take on hospital and win.

Capital one cl 300.

I wish I knew about you guys before but I know now so I figured I was ask you guys.

Hi and welcome to the forums 

There is nothing else for you to do at this time. You've set a foundation and now you let whatever you have age for about a year

If you try again in 6 months, you will still be getting toy limits due to very short credit history 

You might want to look into a small secured loan for credit mix, but that's not necessary 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was looking at doing the self lender loan but was worried that it would hurt more than help me.
Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital one cl 300.

Where you getting your 0 score at? Credit Karma? Or some other Vantage site. Grab your 3 FICO's for $1 at credit check Total and cancel before the trial is up. You've had some credit moves in the past. So there has to be some kind of score.

No one has a credit score of zero, no matter how badly they have mishandled credit in the past.

The most widely used credit scores, FICO and VantageScore, are on a range from 300 to 850. Only 1% of consumers have a FICO score below 470, according to Tommy Lee, principal scientist at FICO. He said scores of 300 are “extremely rare.”

Reasons you might not have a score are:

• You’ve never been listed on a credit account.
  • You haven’t used credit in at least six months.
  • You have only recently applied for credit or been added to an account.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian
You may not have enough credit history for us to generate your FICO® Score 8.
I have a vantage score it's mid 600s on credit karma.

Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Hmmmmm. Ok then. Thats odd with what you had before. Well Good Luck on your rebuild!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol ya when I said I got gotten rid of everything all accounts, I really got rid of everything.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.