Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilcorecv ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilcorecv ??

Anyone heard of Hilcorecv? It is on DH's report and we have no idea who it is, what it is for, and of course there is no contact information. If anyone has an address or anyway to reach them, so we can DV, it would be much appreciated!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hilcorecv ??

According to Google (a powerful resource) - maybe a collection agency for Dominion power? Do you have Dominion power?

Good luck!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I tried google but all I came up with was other mentioning in various credit boards. DH and I had never heard of Dominion power until Google.

Thanks for checking though!!!!

Did you happen to find an address in your search?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not having any luck finding an address or anything else. Is there another company that appeared in your contacts at the same time? Maybe it's under two names...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be Hilco Receivables - I had them on my CR as a CA for an old MBNA CO account.

Does is show as a CA or an OC?? 
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've dealt with them personally...more than likely they're going to refer you to their actual collections agency "MRS Associates" you can reach them at: Phone: 888.334.5677

Also you can call HILCO at: Phone: 847-509-7800

When you call Hilco be ready for some 'tude...they have plenty of it. When the receptionist answers just ask to speak with "someone regarding an account"

FYI: our account from GMAC was turned over to them.

Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I've dealt with them personally...more than likely they're going to refer you to their actual collections agency "MRS Associates" you can reach them at: Phone: 888.334.5677

Also you can call HILCO at: Phone: 847-509-7800

When you call Hilco be ready for some 'tude...they have plenty of it. When the receptionist answers just ask to speak with "someone regarding an account"

FYI: our account from GMAC was turned over to them.

Don't call, period. Never speak to a CA over the phone! You'll find yourself ten minutes later having agreed to all sorts of startling things. This people are pros.

If you pull the full report from directly from one of the credit bureaus, you can get the full contact info.

Do everything in writing, CMRRR (certified mail, check the abbreviations list), and type your name, don't sign it. (You don't want them to scan your name and have it suddenly appear on a contract you've never seen before.)

Look up at the top of this board and click on "Frequently Requested Threads" and look for some dealing with collections. Figure out where you're going first and how you're going to handle it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.