cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipaa Q, didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hipaa Q, didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread.

I DV'd all of my HIPAA claims with EX, but didn't send pre hipaa letters to the other CRAs. I have since sent DV letters to the CAs since EX verified.

Do I need to dispute with other CRAs first and start HIPAA process from scratch, or can I just start at step two with them, or continue through the process with EX and then copy and send the results to the other CRAs?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hipaa Q, didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread.

Did you use the Med DV letters with the CAs? How long ago did you dispute with EX and did you use the pre-HIPAA dispute letter?
Message 2 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Did you send Med DV letters or just DV letters, and when? Are these collections paid or unpaid? If unpaid, can you PIF? How old are they? In the meantime, before you do anything, first do the following:

1.) OPT-OUT ALL CREDITORS

2.) OPT-OUT CREDIT REPORTS

3.) Update personal info on your credit reports, having former addresses deleted will be beneficial.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had done an online dispute with EX, but then sent the Pre Hipaa after I read the process carefully. That was about three weeks ago. I sent med dv letters cmrrr to the CAs last week, and they received them already. I have copies of the RR. The collections are from 1-3 years old, and are small amounts. One of them was paid, two others unpaid, which I can PIF.

So, since I am going to send my follow up dispute letters to EX, should I just send step 2 letters to TU and EQ? Or do I need to have them verify with a pre-hipaa step 1 letter?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Veee,

I think the point here is to make sure that any attempts at collection are valid, and they reach you. Often times, they'll use the last know address, and then you never get anything. I belieive this is a way to help keep them from "spamming" you with bogus collections.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump.... for the night crowd
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.