Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipaa help still needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hipaa help still needed

I have three remaining med collections that are some of the few remaining baddies I hope to address for now.

EX is showing all three of them.

EQ is showing one of them.

I have been through all 3 steps of Hipaa and have not received any responses from the CRAs indicating who the OC is. As far as the collections, EQ referred me back to the CA, and EX just stated that the accounts were "verified". I made the mistake of originally disputing the EX listings online, which probably is why they didn't delete them or actually investigate. However, I did send each of the CAs DV med dv letters, two of which I received no response. 

For the third entry (this is the one that shows on both reports), the CA sent me a letter requesting ID information to "verify" that it was my account. Naturally, I have ignored this letter until now. None of them provided OC(med provider) information to me.

It has been more that 35 days now. How should I be proceeding with these accounts? I am thinking I should be sending DV non-compliance letters to the CAs to try and put pressure on them to delete the accounts, after which I can try and redisput with the CRAs to get these taken off. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Hipaa help still needed

Have these accounts been paid?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one that is paid, and the two others are unpaid. However, one (I think) is a worker's comp bill and the other should have been paid by my private insurance. So I am trying to find out if I am actually liable for them. The amounts are negligible (50-75) but I don't want to just throw my money away without knowing that I should be paying for it.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call the OC and find out if it was work comp. If it was contact the state work comp office.  If the other was under ins. ask if it was filed and when. Then call your ins. company and ask about it.

If it was filed with ins. and they refused to pay ask why. Many times it is filed wrong.  If that is the case ask if they will accept a new filing.  If yes...contact the OC and tell them to refile.

Do not contact the CA reporting!!!!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 11-17-2008 11:05 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only OC information I have is from my CR, the CA and CRA haven't provided me with anything. The insurance company probably has not paid this bill, and most likely won't. My former company (where the wc claim was) is self insured, and I have a lawsuit pending because of their terrible handling of my situation. I guess I can try calling the office isted to see if their is any information in my file and then pass it along to my atty for this case if it has not been paid by insurance.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.