Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hippa letters

tag
tblank65
New Contributor

Hippa letters

Does anyone know what the Hippa covers in the medical fields such as  radiology?. MRI, doctors?
Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hippa letters

HIPAA covers all doctors, dentists, mental health professionals, hospitals, clinic, sugery centers and etc.
Message 4 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Tblank,

I'm not sure what you are asking here.  HIPPA mainly covers PHI, or Protected Health Information.  Any individually identifiable heath information is covered.  Really anything related to medical information.  What exactly were you looking for?

Message 2 of 25
kjm79
Valued Contributor

From Fused's HIPAA letter to the OC:

The Privacy Rules prohibits a covered entity from using or disclosing an individual's protected health information ("PHI") unless specifically authorized by the individual or otherwise allowed under the Privacy Rules. In general, PHI encompasses substantially all "individually identifiable health information" that is transmitted or maintained in any medium. "Individually identifiable health information" includes health information that is created or received by a health care provider, health plan, employer, or health care clearinghouse, and that relates to an individual's physical or mental health or condition, including information related to an individual's care or the PAYMENT for such care.

Does that answer your question?

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 3 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

HIPAA covers all doctors, dentists, mental health professionals, hospitals, clinic, sugery centers and etc.
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP.  How does one get started?  To whom and what is needed in the letters using HIPPA?  I would appreciate any advice. 

Message 5 of 25
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

I have tackled med  collections and to be completely honest a  PFD is so much easier

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a PFD?

Message 7 of 25
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

PFD = PAY FOR DELETE

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 8 of 25
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is a PFD?

PFD = Pay For Deletion

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, thank you.  You prefer this process and it is quicker?  How do I go about it?   I have two medical issues, very small (under $100), on an flawless credit record.  Actually, I didn't even know they were there until i  was applying for a car loan.  I would appreciate any advice that you can offer.  

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.