Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda Financial Late Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honda Financial Late Payment

I am currently on my 2nd car loan with Honda finance. One car paid in full and now my current car. I started with them in 2012. I have made every single payment on time up until August & October 2017. Has anyone had luck with getting lates removed? With my current car loan I still owe a large balance bc this loan is new. I need help trying to get these lates removed. If you have any sample letters, mailing addresses, or fax numbers that would be great!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Honda Financial Late Payment

@Anonymous wrote:
I am currently on my 2nd car loan with Honda finance. One car paid in full and now my current car. I started with them in 2012. I have made every single payment on time up until August & October 2017. Has anyone had luck with getting lates removed? With my current car loan I still owe a large balance bc this loan is new. I need help trying to get these lates removed. If you have any sample letters, mailing addresses, or fax numbers that would be great!!

how late were you and why?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't hurt to do the goodwill saturation method every month.  The data points on Honda is that they will not do goodwill adjustments, but some people who use the saturation method ended up getting the lates removed without any acknowledgement from Honda itself.

Since it's so new, I'd say you really want to show 6 months of on-time payments before you'll get results, but I would write letters to the EO every month like clockwork.

Goodwill Saturation method link: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the 31st day. 😢. Both me and my spouse had our hours cut. We are back afloat now.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks soo much!
Message 5 of 6
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
On the 31st day. 😢. Both me and my spouse had our hours cut. We are back afloat now.

glad the work part of the equation is behind you, that is good news.  as far as removing the lates all you can do is goodwill them and explain what happened.  tell them of your perfect payments in the past and that you need good scores for your next honda so it benefit's you both in the future to have the marks removed.  tell them why it will never happen again, that you now have emergency funds in place for such a situation.  each lender has their own way of treating this.  you can start low or try to get to someone at an exec level.  I like to start high but both methods can work.  car loans/leases are often not as harsh on scores, what was your total fico loss between the 2?  you already know the adage but it bears repeating, credit is very simple - never be late.  having something report for 7 years carries a big downside so make sure you have that fund in place for those times where money is tight.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.