Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping for a Goodwill Removal from Credit One... *fingers crossed*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping for a Goodwill Removal from Credit One... *fingers crossed*

Another anecdote in Aqueelah's Credit Rebuild Journey...

Oh, my name is Aqueelah, by the way. Smiley LOL

So, I had a credit card with Credit One a few years ago, and sometime after I was laid off in 2014, I had a series of late payments, and ultimately, the card was charged off in 2015. The account went to collections, and after I had regained employment that same year, I worked down my list to pay off old debts. I paid Credit One off during my mad payment dash - rather, I paid off the collection company (LVNV Funding/Resurgent) nearly two years ago; GW letters were sent to both of them, as well. The collection shows as paid, but the Credit One account still shows as negative and with a balance. So, I sent Credit One an e-mail with a goodwill request to remove the account from my credit report. In hindsight, I should have requested that they remove the late payments and the charge-off notation, but...

Oh well. Smiley Sad

Anyway, this is what I sent; identifiers have been removed for obvious reasons:

Date: September 20, 2018 7:56:23 PM To: [REDACTED]@creditone.com
Cc: Aqueelah [REDACTED] <[REDACTED]@icloud.com>
Subject: Request for Goodwill Removal of Account Ending [REDACTED] from Credit Reports

Dear Ms. [REDACTED]:

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing in reference to an account I had with Credit One (ACCT#: [REDACTED]; I cannot recall all numbers due to the age of the account, but this is what I was able to piece together from my credit reports). The account was referred to LVNV Funding, LLC/Resurgent Capital Services three years ago (around July 2015). I remitted $675.96 and paid the account in full on February 17, 2017 (see attached).

While the reason for the delinquency and subsequent transition of my account to collections is immaterial, I still feel it is necessary to provide a bit of background. In 2014, I was laid off from the university where I worked in the Chicago suburbs for nearly 9 years. For the eleven months that followed, my employment prospects were dim (primarily due to the dreaded “overqualified” misnomer). In between time, my severance and unemployment benefits dwindled, and my debts increased, obviously including my Credit One account, which, until I was laid off, was in good standing. In February 2015, I landed another position in New York, and subsequently moved. In the time since I have been in New York, I have worked diligently to repair my credit by paying all collection debts and making timely payments on all new lines of credit. I have not incurred any new negative payment issues or collections accounts in over two years, and I plan to keep it that way as I plan to purchase a home in the next couple of years.

The Credit One account is showing on my credit reports in a negative status, and also with a balance, which, again, has been paid. Considering the age of the account, and considering that it was paid over a year and a half ago – and, as such, no longer poses any benefit to Credit One – I humbly and respectfully request that this account be removed from my credit reports.

In advance, I thank you for your consideration of my request. If you require additional information, please let me know and I will do my best to oblige.

Sincerely,
Ms. Aqueelah [REDACTED]

I received this in response:

They misspelled my name...*grrr*They misspelled my name...*grrr* 

Fingers crossed for a favorable outcome! Smiley Surprised If not, I'll just try again next year. Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hoping for a Goodwill Removal from Credit One... *fingers crossed*

Here’s hoping it will work out in your favor. Your circumstances would be more than understandable and your letter is very well-written. Crossing fingers that it works out - please let us know Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Here’s hoping it will work out in your favor. Your circumstances would be more than understandable and your letter is very well-written. Crossing fingers that it works out - please let us know Smiley Happy

Will do! Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck. I have recently had success goodwill trade line removal from credit one. First email I sent, I received a response that they were removing the trade line completely from my report. They seem to be easy to work with on these things.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good luck. I have recently had success goodwill trade line removal from credit one. First email I sent, I received a response that they were removing the trade line completely from my report. They seem to be easy to work with on these things.

Thanks! I hope they will be merciful to me! Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 11
ForeverGardening
Established Member

Just wondering how this played out?

NFCU CashRewards: 5K | Finger Hut: 700 | VS: 500 | Marathon 600 | Lane Bryant 550 | Overstock 1.8K | Children's Place 750 | Torrid 400 | My Smile Care 4K

FICO 8 - EX: 590 | EQ: 600 | TU: 589 -- 11/14/18
Oldest account: 9.3 years
Newest: 2 month
Average: 4y 7m
Inquiries: 15/24
Baddies: 3 collections | 3 30 day lates ranging from 2015-2017
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ForeverGardening wrote:

Go here.

Message 7 of 11
ForeverGardening
Established Member

The link doesnt work

@Anonymous wrote:

@ForeverGardening wrote:

Go here.

NFCU CashRewards: 5K | Finger Hut: 700 | VS: 500 | Marathon 600 | Lane Bryant 550 | Overstock 1.8K | Children's Place 750 | Torrid 400 | My Smile Care 4K

FICO 8 - EX: 590 | EQ: 600 | TU: 589 -- 11/14/18
Oldest account: 9.3 years
Newest: 2 month
Average: 4y 7m
Inquiries: 15/24
Baddies: 3 collections | 3 30 day lates ranging from 2015-2017
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ForeverGardening wrote:

The link doesnt work 

Try it again...not from your quote.

Message 9 of 11
CreditGame12
Contributor

Would you be so kind as to send me the e-mail address for Credit One? I have an account I'd like to see if they'll GW for me as well. Thanks in advance!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.