Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hospital Collection within SOL

tag
happy0510
Established Contributor

Hospital Collection within SOL

Hello Everyone,

I have a very small medical collection for $40 I would like to get removed.  It is stll within SOL. Jan 2005. Everytime I check my report the amount gets bigger and bigger.  It started at around $25.  It's strange because I haven't received any bills from the CA.  I checked the HIPPA info out but didn't see something for my situation.

Thanks!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hospital Collection within SOL

Who is reporting a CA?
Message 2 of 10
happy0510
Established Contributor

Yes...it says the CA has been hired to collect for "Hospital name" on my report.  It is only showing on my EQ and EX.  I already disputed them to the CRA's but they both came back verified.  This was about 5 months ago.  I stopped working on it at that point.Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 10
happy0510
Established Contributor

bumpSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

To use the HIPPA process, I'd pay the OC and then send them the HIPPA letter (insert "b" ). That would cause the OC (due to medical privacy laws) to pull the account from the CA and therefore, off your CRs.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call the hosp. and ask for the amount due.PAY them and wait for the check to clear.

Then send the HIPPA dispute letter to the CRAs (on the CA)

OR   you can start with the HIPPA dispute letter  first & then send the other HIPPA letters.

I just think for such a small amount it would be faster to call & pay....then go from there.

To protect your rights under HIPAA, you should not write or correspond with a Collection Agency regarding a medical collection account within SOL.
This process is not applicable if the account is valid and you are unable to pay.  The medical claim must either be paid, inaccurate, or you are prepared to remit the valid correct amount due with the HIPAA letter.
The Pre-HIPAA letter is sent to the CRA to dispute medical collection accounts on your CR that are within SOL and are:  paid, valid but unpaid, "not mine" or inaccurate.
  1. Dispute a paid medical collection directly with the CRA and they should delete.  If not deleted, but verified, send HIPAA letter (Whychat's process - insert b). 
  2. Dispute valid but unpaid medical collections because you need the CRA to verify the balance.  There may be no valid balance due and the CRA will delete.  Only after the CRA has verified and you agree that the amount is correct is the HIPAA letter sent with payment (Whychat's process - insert a).  The payment amount should be the same amount as was verified by the CRA and on your CR.
  3. If the medical collection account is "not mine" or inaccurate, you need to have disputed the medical collection listing with the CRA.  Only after the CRA verifies and does not delete an invalid or inaccurate medical collection do you send the HIPAA letter (Whychat's process - insert a or b).

dispute letter    goes only to the CRAs

Dear CRA,
My name is xxxxx xxxxxx , my SS # is xxx xx xxxx.
I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxxx to make sure you receive it.
I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx being reported by xxxxxx
Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider, the date and type of service,and to whom the service was provided, as any account I might have had would be obsolete.

If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

Please mail me an updated report when the dispute is completed 

Very truly yours,

xxxxxx

Type name

addy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help with Hospital Collections

Hello...

I need help I have 16 hospital accounts in collections ranging from 35-1500....I'm trying to payoff all of these but I do not know where to start.  I have 5 accounts with Kings Credit collection agency total amount of that debt is 2000 in which I've paid off 1000 (with monthly payments of $100). I just pulled my CR and it doesn't show that I've been paying my monthly amt to Kings credit! Should I call them?

I'm trying to purchase a house but I can not get financed because I have a lot of dr/hosiptal accts in collections. Also, i am not sure if I should pay off my debt at once or make montly payments to CA's.

Please advise your thoughts....
Message 7 of 10
happy0510
Established Contributor

Re: I need help with Hospital Collections

Thanks Guys...I will call the OC and pay them directly and update you when I find out!!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

www.whychat.5u.com
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

export.....use the letter above....send all accounts seperate  to all CRA that are reporting.

Send it CMRRR
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.