Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hospital bills

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hospital bills

I have quite a few hospital bills on my CR that are mine. I got sick a while back and had many trips to the ER and at the time had no insurance. I have not had the money to pay them off and now I have several collections showing. Some are very small amounts and some are close to 8k. There are a few different CA with the accounts. Problem is one CA has many different accounts ranging from 30 to 7k. I would like to try PFD but the problem is I do not have the money for the 7k bill at this time. So if i offer to PFD on the manageable balances is that going to make them come after me for the 7k that I do not have? These bills are from the end or 08 to the first part of 09 so they are still in the SOL if TN even has one for medical or not. I have looked and I cant seem to find a definite answer for SOL on medical in my state. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Hospital bills

I think the SOL is 6 years from date of service.

These are fairly new debts.  You might consider going to the hospital and see if you can qualify for some type of financial aid with the larger bills.  Or all of them combined if they are from the same ER.

They may say it is to late but it is worth a try.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.