cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

tag
movinup1
New Contributor

Re: How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

Subscribed to this thread... Curious to know whether the accounts were truly deleted, or only removed temporarily while in dispute. 

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 85
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Bumping this...sent letters to the CRA's but no response yet...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 22 of 85
xthatgamerguyx
Regular Contributor

Got a "verified" reply from Equifax on a paid collection with them - sent the same letter in this thread. Smiley Happy

February 2012: 480 across the board (before I found this site and started working on my scores)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Scores: TU FAKO: 543 (06/16/2012) EX FAKO: 547 (06/16/2012) EQ FAKO: 528 (06/16/2012)
Current Scores:TU FICO: 639 (11/20/2012) EQ FICO: 617 (11/20/2012)
TU FAKO: 606 (8/30/2012) EX FAKO: 574 (09/04/2012) EQ FAKO: 564 (09/30/2012)
Message 23 of 85
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@xthatgamerguyx wrote:

Got a "verified" reply from Equifax on a paid collection with them - sent the same letter in this thread. Smiley Happy

Ditto...got a reply from EX saying they couldn't initiate my "dispute" since I didn't include my SSN.

Oh well...I only wasted $10 sending certified letters...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 24 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting about the letter.  Has anyone had Midland file suit against them?  If so, I would like to hear about it.  

Message 25 of 85
sphinx313
Established Contributor

I think this may just be one of those unique situations where they couldn't validate or something and it was deleted. Although it is worth a try because it isn't hurting anything, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Message 26 of 85
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

This did not work for me. However, I did get midland deleted by reporting them to the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions for violating Arizona law which requires they are able to provide exactly what the debt is for within 5 days of making contact with the debtor. On a T-mobile bill, they were unable to tell me anything more specific than the bill was from T-mobile, but couldn't tell me what it was for.

Midland agreed to delete the tradelines until a time when they could provide that information. Further, Arizona has a FOIA-like provision which requires a collection agency to provide the debtor with copies of many types of records concerning their account including paperwork proving they have the right to collect the debt and how the debt was incurred. 

It is of little surprise that they were unable to provide any records.

Message 27 of 85
jmco
Contributor

I am in New Jersey and Midland bought several of my collection accounts and used a firm here in NJ to collect them all.  I have paid the firm on most but it seems like

Midland keeps buying my old debt because I just got a letter in the mail this week about 2 more (I only have about 5 more accounts left unpaid, everything else has been PIF or settled in the last 3 years).  Dealing with the law firm is easy and since they are familiar with my name they know I will eventually pay the debt.  Right now I am

on a payment plan of $50 and $75 a month until I get my tax return in March and then I will just settle with the law firm.  The debt is 1200 & 2300.  I joked with the law firm saying they are making lots of money from me....my contact just laughed.  At the end of the day the debt is mine, I won't fight it but I also can't pay it out right so the payment

plan works. I never wanted to deal with a law firm putting a judgement out there or taking my pay check.  Now I just wish Midland would delete all the paid accounts!!

UGH!!!

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626

Message 28 of 85
ficophobic
Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

So, as I browse these boards I notice that A LOT of people have trouble with Midland Credit Management... I have successfully removed them from all 3 bureaus very easily... I have written the same letter to all 3 bureaus and all 3 have promptly removed midland... including TransUnion which can be a pain to work with on removing Collections...

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for taking the time to review my file and to help me with this matter of dealing with Midland Credit Management. To date, Midland has a poor track record in regards to its collection tactics which have resulted in fines from the United States Government and from individual states as well. As of this year Midland has had to pay close to one million dollars in fines and penalties due to their unlawful business procedures which violate the consumer’s rights. Their illegal actions have caused thousands upon thousands of consumer’s credit files to be tainted with negative remarks which includes myself. Please remove Midland Credit Management from my file so that I can restore my credit and good name back to where it once was. I thank you one again for your time and I look forward to having Midland Credit Management removed from my credit file.

Sincerely,

Consumer Name

Thats the letter i sent out to all 3 bureaus and all 3 promptly removed the collection from my file... Its a simple and easy solution to a company who has caused a lot of damage for a lot of consumers credit files. All you need to do is state the FACTS because thats all the bureaus care about.. Give them the facts about midland and they will give you a clean report.

Tbanks for the info.  I sent this to Experian and they would not delete.  Now, Midland has updated their reporting as a Factoring Company.  I think I woke a sleeping giant, but giants do fall.  I'm not giving up.

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 529

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 85
newmom24
Regular Contributor

I attempted to dispute an old Verizon account being reported by Midland with Experian. I received this notice in the mail from MCM -

"The purpose of this letter is to request your assistance so that we may reach a quick resolution to your dispute. As part of our investigation of your dispute, it would be helpful to have a copy of any documentation you may have that supports your dispute. In the interim, we have requested that the three major consumer credit reporting agencies change the status of this account to "Disputed."*

Examples of such documentation include the following:

1 - Paid in full or account settled: proof of payment

2- Fraud: a copy of policy report; Federal Trade Commission fraud affidavit

3- Balance discrepancy

4 0 Death of consumer owing the banace.

Your credit report will not be updated if the federal reporting period has expired."

What does this mean???

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.