cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How agressive to you need to be with CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How agressive to you need to be with CA?

This is my first time dealing with a CA - AFNI. The worst part is that AFNI says I owe AT&T and AT&T says I am in good standing. I would gladly pay it just to get ti deleted, but they say they don't do PFD; aLthough, so many people say that they it has worked for them. I am wondering how many DV letters to send, emails, requests for PIF, etc.? Sorry for being suck a rookie, but I don't know if it is possible to over do it or not. Should I send one round, wait 45 days and then start again? Thanks for all your help. MyFico has helped me so much on my credit repairing adventure!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: How agressive to you need to be with CA?

When did you send them a DV ? Did they respond to it yet ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed a DV letter and mailed one CMRRR on Monday. Should I just be patient for now, wait a month, then try again? This is my first attempt at this, so I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.
Message 3 of 5
golo
Frequent Contributor

We all were in that same boat, i'll wait at least 30 days and then follow up with a reminder if they haven't respond. It takes time to try to clean the reports. Hang in there.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much! My score has come up about 100 points and I am almost on my way to buying a home when this collection for 168.00 hit my report. The worst is that is truly is not mine. Ugh...Onward an upward Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.