cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How bad do delinquent accounts affect your score?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Visitor

How bad do delinquent accounts affect your score?

I have a 546 Fico score. I got into some trouble with CCs in college. Here are the delinquent accounts on my report: BofA CC - 1 30 Past Due, 2 60 Past Due Payed in full, Closed by creditor, $4000 limit Capital One CC - 1 30 Past Due, 1 60 Past Due, 1 90 Past Due, 1 120 Past Due Payed in full, Closed at my request, $500 limit FIA CC - 2 30 Past Due, 1 60 Past Due, 2 90 Past Due Payed in full, Closed by creditor, $500 limit PayPal CC - 1 30 Past Due, 1 60 Past Due Payed in full, Closed at my request, $200 limit My question is, if I get one removed, will it raise my score drastically? How is it weighed on the score? Past due dates? Amount? I'm new to this and sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Thank you so much for your help! Neil
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How bad do delinquent accounts affect your score?

superrupe wrote:
I have a 546 Fico score. I got into some trouble with CCs in college. Here are the delinquent accounts on my report: BofA CC - 1 30 Past Due, 2 60 Past Due Payed in full, Closed by creditor, $4000 limit

Capital One CC - 1 30 Past Due, 1 60 Past Due, 1 90 Past Due, 1 120 Past Due Payed in full, Closed at my request, $500 limit

FIA CC - 2 30 Past Due, 1 60 Past Due, 2 90 Past Due Payed in full, Closed by creditor, $500 limit

PayPal CC - 1 30 Past Due, 1 60 Past Due Payed in full, Closed at my request, $200 limit

My question is, if I get one removed, will it raise my score drastically? How is it weighed on the score? Past due dates? Amount? I'm new to this and sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Thank you so much for your help! Neil

Was any of them charged off before you paid or do they just show the lates?

How old are the lates?

When were the accounts opened?

What other accounts do you have on your credit report?

It is possible that these are greatly helping your credit history length, removing them may not be the way to go.

Single 30 day lates have almost nil effect after 2 years.

90 and 120 day lates hurt a lot.

Lates are removed after 7 years.

Have you considered asking the company to reopen the accounts for you and then ask them to remove just the lates?

You can send GW for removal of lates on open and closed accounts, the problem is that some companies find it easier to remove the entire account and that could hurt you more than help you.

I had a charge off from 2003 removed and lost over 30 points.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.