cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the OC to deal with me

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Contributor

How can I get the OC to deal with me

I have a Discover Card CO. It was charged off 07/07. It was assigned to NCO. NCO was reporting on my CR and Discover was showing a charge off/profit loss. I DV'd NCO and they responded that they no longer have the account and they deleted from the credit reports. Now, Discover is showing the balance of the charge off and are referrring me to another collection agency. They said they still own the account but would not deal with me. The new CA is not reporting as of yet. I sent Discover a letter offering a settlement and they have not responded. Should I just send a settlement offer to the CA and try a gw letter later? I don't have enough to pay the entire amount. What should I do?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Valued Contributor

Re: How can I get the OC to deal with me

If you are willing to pay...contact the CA....and pay them...in exchange for them...to not report at all...usually of the OC still owns the account....they will still deal with the customer...
Message 2 of 3
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How can I get the OC to deal with me

dianaisme wrote:
I have a Discover Card CO. It was charged off 07/07. It was assigned to NCO. NCO was reporting on my CR and Discover was showing a charge off/profit loss. I DV'd NCO and they responded that they no longer have the account and they deleted from the credit reports. Now, Discover is showing the balance of the charge off and are referrring me to another collection agency. They said they still own the account but would not deal with me. The new CA is not reporting as of yet. I sent Discover a letter offering a settlement and they have not responded. Should I just send a settlement offer to the CA and try a gw letter later? I don't have enough to pay the entire amount. What should I do?

It is up to the OC whether to deal with you or not once they've sent you to collections.

Has the new CA contacted you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.