cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i find the account number for items I want to contest that are not listed in my report?

tag
creditalchemist
Valued Member

How can i find the account number for items I want to contest that are not listed in my report?

Hi,

I have an item from Bank of the West I wish to dispute, however the account is not listed at all neither on Experian,Equifax or TransUnion.

Normally you can see at least a redacted number on reports. This just has  XXXXXXXX,  XXXX, XXXX respectfully on each credit agency.

I want to dispute these by letter, however not sure what to do. Is it even necessary to list the account number? (I'm certain it is)

Sound advice is appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: How can i find the account number for items I want to contest that are not listed in my report?

Question is what are you trying to dispute?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can i find the account number for items I want to contest that are not listed in my report?

You can call them and ask them for the account #. 

Message 3 of 6
creditalchemist
Valued Member

Strange that they would be allowed to 'report' yet not provide actual account information to the credit bureaus. (smh)

Message 4 of 6
creditalchemist
Valued Member

True, just strange that they can 'report' something without providing actual account information to the credit bureaus

Message 5 of 6
creditalchemist
Valued Member

12.jpg13.jpgScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 1.15.20 PM.png

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.