Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we find out about unpaid debts that have fallen off CR

tag
chicharitta
Established Member

How can we find out about unpaid debts that have fallen off CR

Hubby has recieved a really good job offer all that stands between him and the job is a background check and and credit check. The company is aware of his past credit mistakes. The one thing they did say would disqualify him are any unpaid deliquent debts even if they have fallen off his CR. We're sure there are some of those floating around as DH subscribed to the ignore it till it goes away method for many years. My question is how can we find out about them so we can work towards paying them?

4-1-13 My FICO 633
Joined the Garden Club 04-08-13
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jmc912
Valued Member

Re: How can we find out about unpaid debts that have fallen off CR

This seems odd to me... I don't think they can technically do that? Hopefully someone with more knowledge can step in... This is something I'd like to know more about also

Message 2 of 7
peepers
Frequent Contributor

I have read that employers in the investment and banking industries run "full factuals" on potential employees depending on position
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@peepers wrote:
I have read that employers in the investment and banking industries run "full factuals" on potential employees depending on position

The FCRA exempts these accounts from being excluded for mortgages and insurance over $150,000 and annual income of $75,000 or more.  They have to request it and not many have even heard of it.

As the consumer you should be able to ask for it and pay $11 for it.  However, even the CRAs really have no clue what it is.  I believe it falls under FCRA 609 but I would have to look and verify that.

Message 4 of 7
jmc912
Valued Member

Guinness, what exactly do you mean by this... "The FCRA exempts these accounts from being excluded for mortgages and insurance over $150,000 and annual income of $75,000 or more"  

If you are getting a mortgage less than $150,000 then they use the old info also?

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The FCRA excludes anything past the 7.5 year reporting period from your report.  They have exempted these items from being excluded, in other words they will be on the report, for mortgages and insurance of $150,000 or more and annual income of $75,000 or more.

The lenders have the option to request the file but they rarely do, if they have even heard of it.

If it is less than the amounts above they cannot request that file.

Message 6 of 7
jmc912
Valued Member

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.