cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find someone to help me remove an old medical collection?

tag
FIcohelp007

How do I find someone to help me remove an old medical collection?

Hi All,

I am trying to remove an old medical bill from 2010 in the amount of $110.  I don't have the knowledge on how to do this and looking to hire someone to help me get it removed.  Can anyone recommend a credit help company to help remove it for me?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
peepers
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do I find someone to help me remove an old medical collection?

Hi! Anything that you would pay someone to do, you can easily do yourself. Head over to the Rebuilding Board and the knowledgable folks there can guide you step by step!!!! And save that $ you'd otherwise pay someone to.
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 2 of 12
FIcohelp007

Re: How do I find someone to help me remove an old medical collection?

Hi Peepers, thanks for the suggestion. I will head over to that board.

Message 3 of 12
FIcohelp007

unpaid medical bill removal

Good Afternoon

I have an old Medical bill in collections. It is back from March 2010 and I am trying to get it removed.  Statue of limitations for bills in Virginia is 3 years however i'm not sure what that all means.  If anyone could provide me with some guidance or maybe point me to a reliable professional credit help company I would be very greatful. I am trying to get this old collection remoaved asap as I am about to go through a security clearance screen.

Message 4 of 12
Seeksapproval

Re: unpaid medical bill removal

Creditboards.com can provide you with a ton of information on this. I can tell you that I tried the lazy way and sent an email to the collection agency. No reply yet.  Maybe not smart, but the debt has been paid.  

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

why is it important that it be removed? how much is the bill for? Are you applying for a mortgage? what is security clearance?

if its march 2010 and Virginia SOl is 3 yrs then it means you are safe now from litigation however it stays on your reports until March 2017. If they thought to sue you or get money via courts they would have pursued it within the first 3 years from the date you first went delinquent.

Message 6 of 12
kezia2410
Regular Contributor

Is it a paid account ?? If it is unpaid contact the collection agency and offer a PFD and oonce you pay it they can remove it. If it is paid send them a letter asking if they will remove the acct.  Most medical companies are willing to remove if it is paid. I got 6 medical accts removed once I paid them.

Message 7 of 12
FIcohelp007

Hi, it is unpaid and for $110.  So i should just contact the collection agency and offer to pay it if they remove it from the credit report?  Im not familiar with a PFD?

Message 8 of 12
kezia2410
Regular Contributor

@FIcohelp007 wrote:

Hi, it is unpaid and for $110.  So i should just contact the collection agency and offer to pay it if they remove it from the credit report?  Im not familiar with a PFD?

Yes. Let them know you are willing to pay the full balance but would like to remove the acct. Some creditor will give you a letter stating they will delete and some won't.

Message 9 of 12
FIcohelp007

Found a PFD example letter on the forums.  Should i just certified mail this to them or emailing it is fine?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.