Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix

tag
Wantgdcrd
Valued Member

How do I fix

I recently got my fico report and it said i was late 2 yrs 2 months ago.  I have not been late for over 4 yrs.  Upon checking  a negative account that was last paid on in 10-06 , it now shows closed date of 9-2010, this account has been closed for over 6 yrs why in heck would this show up as 9-2010.  How do I get BOA, to fix, every time i dispute it comes back verified correct.  Any Ideas?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I fix

I just want to make sure I understand correctly:

You have a BOA account (CC I assume) that was late 2+ years ago (Just 30+ days I assume).  It was closed in 2006, however it is reporting as being closed in 2010.

What is the account "Status"?  Is it Paid as agreed? Or some negative status

If this is as simple as it sounds, minor derog from 2+ years ago, closed by you listed at 2010, and it's helping your AAoA, I would leave it.  That late is no longer affecting your score, and the account will stay for 10 years from the date of closing.  The late payment will fall off completely from view in roughly 5 years anyhow.

Obviously we might need additional information.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 5
Wantgdcrd
Valued Member

Let me explain better.  I had this BOA cc , charged off in  10-2006.  (it is due to drop off in 9-2013)  It also shows closed date 9-2010.  It is negative on my report.  When I got my fico report , it shows that I was late on a payment 2 yrs 2 mo ago.  Last report shows over 3 yrs .  so I was just concerned it is effecting my score.  As it has come down. I have not been late on any payment since 1-2008. All of sudden myfico suggest I am late 2 yrs 2mos.  

Message 3 of 5
Jutz
Valued Contributor

I'm confused.  It was a charge off as of 2006, so closed sometime prior to that, with the balance being charged off after.  Have you ever paid or attempted to pay BOA for this account since the account was closed and subsequently charged off?

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It could be legit, depending upon the circumstances.

The CO reporting does not preclude the reporting of subsequent delinquency, as the taking of an internal bookeeping charge to loss does not relieve the consumer's continued obligation for the entire debt.  They could continue collection effort subsequent to the CO, which could result in additional reported delinquency, or they could refer to a debt collector, resulting in additional reporting of a collection.

Did they continue to send billing upon which to base a lack of subsequent timeliness?

If you have disputed and they have verified, they are not required to provide documentary proof to support their verification.

To requre them to provide proof would necessitate civil action.

You could file a complaint with the FTC, but until it has been determined that they never sent a billing upon which to base a subsequent delinquency, I dont see clear basis to assert that the subsequent delinquency was improperly reported.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.