cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get rid of medical collection reports on my credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get rid of medical collection reports on my credit score?

I have 2 medical collection reports on my credit score, one is from a year ago and one is from 6 months ago. If I am to pay these off, is there any way to get them deleted from my report? They are with the same collection agency.Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I get rid of medical collection reports on my credit score?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 medical collection reports on my credit score, one is from a year ago and one is from 6 months ago. If I am to pay these off, is there any way to get them deleted from my report? They are with the same collection agency.Thanks!

i have found med col easy to get removed your could try a PFD or a GW letter....since mine were already paid i had to take the GW route and within 2 weeks of sending the GW the were off of my CR

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you have not paid them yet, I would call or write them and ask for a PFD, but make sure you get in writing any agreement that you come to before paying one cent.

Best of Luck.

Message 3 of 5
improvedcredit
New Contributor

beb86

I am trying to get a paid medical collections off my account. I already spoke to a supervisor at the CA, but they said they are not able to delete the information my credit report. I just wanted to ask you... Before you sent out your GWs, did you speak to someone about deleting the TL from your CR?

Message 4 of 5
Fresh101
Regular Contributor

Follow the HIPPA process...

1st - Opt-Out

2nd - Pre-HIPPA Letter to CRA's

Starting: 547 +Score EX, 541 MyFico EQ,562 MyFico TU (Dec 2nd)

Current: 736 FCR "EX" (Nov. 5th), 668 MyFico "EQ" (Nov. 5th), 748 MyFico "TU" (Nov. 5th)

CC: BB&T $2,500 CL 3/2013, BarclayCard $3,000 CL 4/2013, WellsFargo $300 CL 7/2012 & Cap1 $451 CL 5/2012

Goal Score: 800's Rank
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.