cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I proceed after this response?

tag
GREED

How do I proceed after this response?

Hi folks, I have been browsing the forums for a while and I have used the great info that you have shared here. The situation I have is I sent a DV letter to CA and they responded promptly but, the response states "Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the requested information because the name or address on your letter does not match our records". I did use my PO BOX as the return address and not my street address but, I did provide my full name, the amount of the debt and the partial account number from my Equifax credit report. How do I proceed with this? I did not realize that they would use my mailing address as a reason not to validate.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do I proceed after this response?

I'd argue that the address is irrevelvant if you are able to provide account or reference number and your name matches (people do move). I would presume they are unable to validate and are stalling. Send another letter stating you expect full validation if payment is to be considered and tell them to update the address on file to an address of your liking. That's what I'd do.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 2 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would send a direct dispute.

Message 3 of 7
GREED

Thanks for your replys. I did dispute with all 3 CRA's and EQ removed it but the other 2 stated that they received verification which is weird IMHO. That's how I ended up sending the DV letter.

Message 4 of 7
GREED

Bump

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Verification by the CRAs is not the same thing as debt validation by the CA.

Message 6 of 7
GREED

Thanks for your response Guiness and I understand that. When I disputed it Equifax deleted in it in about 3 days TU and EX stated it will stand in about the same time frame, after that I sent the DV letter to ascertain what the debt was and they respond by giving me grief about the mailing address(PO Box). I did supply all the info regarding the debt on my EX report(full name, partial account number and balance) and it seems as if they ignored that.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.