cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Self Lender Work, Got it Today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does Self Lender Work, Got it Today!

Hello Guys, 

I got my Self Lender Loan today for 500$/24 months assist my thin credit file and help increase my credit score along the way. Now I should have a good credit mix. My question is, my dashboard says that my first payment is due on 8/3; a month away and zero is due now- If I pay the 25$ now will it post before 8/31 for those that have experience with this loan, do you suggest inwait until the due date or can make first payment today and when will it post? I only paid the admin fee today. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does Self Lender Work, Got it Today!

It will post to your account whenever you pay it, but it will not report to the credit bureaus before the due date. It will report to the bureus the same time every month regardless of when you pay, just like any loan or credit card.

Set up autopay.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Morpho, that is what i wanted to confirm. Was hoping it would post before due date if I paid far in advance. I need to have patience. It will report in September then. I though some people would say that it did not take 60 days to report was just looking to confirm what was the real deal.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love self lender. My CD matures this month actually, and they have raised my score 80 points
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a nice increase. How much of an increase did you get once it posted vs. every month until it matured? Excited about my possible upcoming changes.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a slow score climb in my experience. Slow but steady. If I remember correctly my first payment to self lender didnt actually do a thing for my score. I just paid on the due date every month and let it do its thing.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I even paid it late a couple times. They dont report it as a late payment unless its VERY late
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.